Alexis Sánchez

classic example of having everything to nothing.

1 Like

You know those rumours of Marc Overmars to Arsenal backroom staff?

2 Likes
6 Likes

Baller :fire:

He was really WC when playing for us.

1 Like

2015 was a thousand years ago. :papa:

3 Likes

That’s also, incidentally, the last time we beat Liverpool :pensive:

Even longer since we beat wolves :sunglasses:

3 Likes

You could say who’s laughing now? :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

:arteta:

15 Likes

Worse signing than mustafi.

Sure he’s been body snatched.

Even in decline he shouldn’t be this shite, still funny though.

1 Like

I would be happy if mustafi left the ball alone as much as that touch map it would be more constructive.

You mean like he did for Palaces second goal at the weekend? ,:gunnersaurus:

3 Likes

Yeah he’s gone from 28 to 37 overnight. It’s actually amazing to witness it. Like, I don’t even think he’d do a job for Huddersfield.

2 Likes

The warning signs were there I guess people didn’t really pick up on them. He was constantly dispossessed in his final season, his numbers were dwindling, and his overall contribution to play was significantly down. I think he totally ran his body into the ground with his desire to always play football.

There’s that and the fact he’s evidently playing with next to no confidence anymore.

2 Likes

Was his last full season with us (16/17) not the best goal scoring season of his career?

1 Like

I think he is depressed with how his career has panned out.
When he went from Udinese to Barcelona, he carried the burden of everyone’s hope & wanted to be in the league of top players, winning all the accolades.

He ended up here with a promise which didn’t transpire and often had to carry Arsenal to at best FA cup win.
His Chilean adventure went really well but not qualifying for 2018 world cup was something I believe broke him. That’s when he started to seem disinterested in everything.
Now in his head, it’s all mediocrity and nothing he does, matters anymore. He has lost his motivation.
It’s more mental thingy imo rather than physical. He cannot decline so much physically so soon.

He dipped at the end of that season quite a lot and got progressively worse throughout the next.

3 Likes