Alexis Claude-Maurice

Yes it was, they are both Egyptians and Elneny played with Salah at Al Mokawloon and Basel

No, it wasn’t. They’re totally different kinds of players, playing in totally different positions. Our signing of Elneny has literally nothing to do with Salah, it wasn’t an either/or situation. I’m completely struggling to understand what your point is.

2 Likes

It’s clearly similar to that time we signed Xhaka instead of Shaqiri.

8 Likes

The point is they were both attainable from the same clubs and we picked up the shit version. There was a time when we used to pick up many of Europes top youth talents but that hasn’t been the case in a decade or more.

Same as now Maurice is available from the same club as Guenduzzi came from and I bet we’ve made yet another poor choice

Guendouzi’s already proved to be probably the best piece of business we’ve done in ages. We could sell him for 3 or 4 times what we bought him for tomorrow if we wanted to. And that’s ignoring those mad PSG valuations.

2 Likes

No, they weren’t. We signed Elneny in January 2016 from Basel, Salah left Basel in January 2014 and was on loan at Roma from Chelsea in January 2016.

And as I said, they’re totally different players in different positions, Elneny isn’t a shit version of Salah. He’s just a shit central midfielder.

Mini skip of heartbeat whenever I see a rumour with this dude and my brain auto fills the sentence with Sanchez.

I don’t doubt your point at all but we have nothing in material to suggest that really is the case right now.

Well there’s no need to even explore what we would get for him right now cos he’s going to stay with us forever. Team Guendog for life.

3 Likes