Alexandre Lacazette

Just transfer this away and he is gonna be the signing of the season :wink:

Im very annoyed with him. Such a limited player. Doesnā€™t get into good positions to score, has taken some terrible first touches in and around the box, heā€™s not very fast, zero aerial ability. How the fuck did we get fleeced into paying 50m for this guy? Penazette was such a correct evaluation of this guy a shame we have nobody that can penetrate and win penalties ffs.

Imo Alexis should go back up top. He can finish heā€™s got a decent amount of aerial ability, and he can be more wasteful playing as a CF. Iwobi should play on the left and Laca needs to be dropped.

1 Like

He is player who needs assists. If the others donā€™t pass the ball to him he is not his fault.

Part of being a good striker is making good runs and making it difficult to defend you, Laca is clueless, he provides no threat whatsoever.

1 Like

Thereā€™s a seriously good CF there but he does miss some glorious chances. Crunch moments where he fumbles it.

1 Like

We could have a Suarez or Aubemayang level of striker i.e a real killer

Instead we got this guy who is just ā€˜OKā€™

you get what you pay for

2 Likes
1 Like

His issue is number of chances imo. I bet he has by far a lower shot output then any other top attacking player.

Number of chances is low because heā€™s not good. I saw a stat the other day about the number of chances we create and only city have created more, we arenā€™t finishing said chances but they are there. Ramsey is through on goal more often than Laca because he knows how to make a fucking run towards goal. Ramsey still shit but thatā€™s one area he excels in.

Well yeah Iā€™m saying he dosnt have enough chances/shoot enough I think is who he is as a player.

Shots per 90:
Kane - 5.96
Salah - 4.33
Aguero - 3.97
Moratta - 3.59
Jesus - 3.52
Lukaku - 3.4
Lacazette - 2.97

Even last year for Lyon he only averaged 3.16. Hard to get ā€œeliteā€ levels of goalscoring if your shooting so little.

3 Likes

Gotcha, yeah Iā€™ve been saying that and the rebutal has been he doesnā€™t get service, didnā€™t realize you were agreeing with me lol. Yeah I mean Iā€™m not surprised by those stats, he hardly ever gets into position to score, when he does he usually finishes but his chances are few and far between.

I think Wenger is starting to see the poor play by Laca too, he had this to say after the match.

Even those figures are impressive. Heā€™s netting with minimal shots on goal.

4 Likes

We shouldnā€™t have any problems only onto this bloke, " When I came here top 4 was always the aim, if we got the title fantastic"

He has about as much ambition as Wenger then.
He is a decent striker but was he worth waiting more than five seasons for and is he much better than Giroud?
Itā€™s going to be even more difficult for him next season without Ozil and Sanchez so he might have to revise his top four ambitions and maybe just aim for a Europa League place.

1 Like

Lacazette is a good player. But he doesnā€™t have big team mentality. He has I want to play with my friends mentality.

1 Like

Actually I think itā€™s about time we had players from the real world. The aim of the top 4 clubs is to finish 1st. The aim of the next 6 clubs is to finish 4th. And the aim of the bottom 10 clubs is not finish 18th.

Non-CL clubs want to be CL clubs before they can think about being champions. Lacazette has clearly not been brought in as the missing piece for our title winning jigsaw, heā€™s a good striker brought in to get a few goals. For years weā€™d sign average players who ā€œcome here to win trophiesā€ and it was getting to the point where we were all getting pissed off at the ā€œwe can still win the league!ā€ players and the ā€œwe can beat Bayern!ā€ players and the ā€œwe must fight for each other!ā€ players. I doubt any of what they say has any bearing on their actual mentality but I hate seeing players talk about winning major trophies and then losing 8-2.

Heā€™s in the perfect place lol

2 Likes

Still donā€™t think the team is set up to get the best out of him and all the substitutions donā€™t help either.

Wenger can no longer put a proper team together and it hurts the whole team from back to front.

3 Likes

Weā€™re certainly not going to get the best out of him when he is on the wrong side of the athletics track!

I think a player that says they want to win the PL title and then lose 8-2 are probably more likely to come back from that stronger, but a player that is only here for challenging for for fourth place while collecting 100k a week, is likely to not let it bother him too much.

I prefer players like Sanchez who arenā€™t satisfied with the FA Cup and treats it as consolation trophy than a player that is content to drift along in a comfort zone with the occasional domestic cup or fourth place.

Winning teams have players that have a winning mentality and only the best will do, and itā€™s the same with managers like Ferguson, who even after they won would find fault in something.

There seems to be a culture at this club, from the owner to the manager and players, of doing the bare minimum while making a fortune doing it.