Alexandre Lacazette

Ahh yes his amazing form. 1 goal no assists in 7 matches. That’s some sizzling form if I’ve ever seen it :joy::joy:

8 Likes

FourFourTwo

Arsenal report: Alexandre Lacazette to be offered sensational deal

FourFourTwo

Arsenal striker Alexandre Lacazette is to be offered the big new contract that he wants to stay in north London.

That’s according to reports from The Sun

So massive pinch of salt for the time being.

3 Likes

We need to move on from the Auba / Lacazette years, that’s the main thing for me.

Auba has 1.5 years left and will be phased out next season when (and I mean when you bastards Edu and Arteta) we sign a long-term replacement.

Laca has been really useful in the last few games but we’ve seen what his ceiling is. 13 or 14 league goals a season ain’t it chief.

Easier said than done obviously, but we need somebody who does everything Laca does plus can last 90 mins plus score more goals. Stupid fuck thing to say but it is what we need.

I’m actually starting to come around to the idea that if we HAD to keep one of Laca or Auba, I’d actually prefer Laca for the next 2 years…(provided we get a quality replacement in for Auba). Auba is looking like he’ll barely scrape you 1 in 2, and he doesn’t do much else if he’s not scoring. When he was getting 30 goals a season, you could forgive his lack of all round game because of his output. But without the output he’s just not doing enough.

1 Like

As you said there in the beginning we really just need to be moving away from both of them. Even though Auba has been much better for us the real issue seems to be that just can’t play the both of them together and expect any kind of balance. I quite like them as people and their little bromance was cute at the start but it’s just been a pretty terrible period having them both at the club, in some ways it’s been even more painful than having GIroud and his aversion to scoring goals.

I can’t help but just wish we had signed Auba or Vardy back when Giroud was fluffing chances left and right, because back then we were a very different club, we weren’t perfect but we had a little more balance and fight in us.

3 Likes

Yeah If only we had Auba in the 15/16 season getting fed by Ozil and Sanchez. Sadly we had a big Plank who went scoreless for 3-4 months as we had to watch the Foxes steal what will be our only opportunity to win a title again.

1 Like

Always said this but if we had Suarez that season we’d have won the league. Damn you Gerrard for convincing him to stay.

2 Likes

Higuain would’ve been fine too.

In fairness to him he just watched Auba miss a half open net from about 2 yards today and Laca still can’t manage to get into the side. Anything has to be more beautiful than that from his point. He’d be hurting himself as much as us if he were to stay on for money.

2 Likes

Gogogogogogogogogogogogogogogogogogo

1 Like

Horrific signing, so bad having to watch this POS whilst the club has been suffering outside the CL

I feel like they might have had something to do with each other a little.

2 Likes

Arsenal with Lacazette are a much more forceful team than an Arsenal team without Lacazette

The fella stayed on for 85 minutes and did absolutely nothing. Provided no presence upfront and struggled to link up the play. Another player who is leaving in 6 months time.

5 Likes

Good riddance.

Auba misses sitters but for some reason is right there in position to get on the end of chances. Laca…dunno what he does honestly, such a shit player.

1 Like

Finally got him into the game for about 10 minutes, linking up with Odegaard and then Mikel subs him for the perennial choker.

Madness, should’ve been Auba in addition to Laca if we’re chasing a goal and need to bring Travis on.

Poor tonight too. Nice movement in the first goal to set up Tierney but aside that I thought he was just another body in the field.
His performance today and against Man Utd are a bit concerning. Feel like he finally checked out. The fight wasn’t there. Going through the motions.
Eddie was much, much more lively than him and kept causing trouble to Everton.

Wouldn’t start neither Auba or Laca in the next match. Even if he missed that big chance at least Eddie was making things happen.

He battles and puts himself about but the quality just isn’t there on a consistent basis. Won’t lose any sleep when he departs the club.