Alexandre Lacazette

I don’t like Laca, but he is certainly capable of holding up the ball. It’s really the best quality he offers to our side lol

4 Likes

The height of his hold up is falling over and winning a free kick.

4 Likes

Okay.

1 Like

The disrespect man. You guys deserve to support Stoke

4 Likes

Actually as an NI fan I can provide testament that route one hoof ball > twerking fall over ball.

1 Like

Just need a YouTuber to find time to upload a highlights clip of every Laca touch tonight to showcase this. Amazing that we can completely deny his hold up and link up play :man_facepalming:t4:

1 Like

He’s just too slow with the ball at his feet in and around the area.

But at least he’s 2 from 2 so far this season.

2 Likes

Laca has been in great goal scoring form recently tbf to him. Hope he can keep it up. Be brilliant to have Laca Auba and Eddie all firing together

2 Likes

Watching it once was hard enough thanks. I don’t even hate the guy he’s a good player but it’s so stupid to play one of the best strikers in the world out at the corner flag just to accommodate Laca.

1 Like

That’s a completely separate point from what you said earlier but for this type of game specifically I agree that we could have done with a Willian-Auba-Pepe front three.

Auba is perfectly fine at LF for games like Liverpool away though as has been proven several times.

Yeh that’s pretty much like 80% of the reason me and Elect don’t really dig Laca. I think he’s a good guy and a solid player but honestly having him and Auba on at the same time weakens us.

One thing that is undeniable is his sauce with Auba :fire::man_dancing:

2 Likes

Was a fine finish, but Auba really made that goal with staying onside and making that fantastic run - and sublime chip.

2 Likes

Nothin against Laca, but in games like this I’d love to see what happens with Auba in the middle. He just can’t get into the game on the wing. Was dropping too deep. No space for him to work. But that left side was poor all match. Saka was great in both goals, but most of the match we couldn’t get anything down the left with Kola bombin forward and either passing backward or putting in a poor cross and Saka was takingup space inside, taking the space away from Auba cutting in. It just looked a mess. Good finish from Laca though.

3 Likes

If we needed mediocre hold up play and occasional goal, we should have stuck with Giroud.
Lacazette needs to do lot more.

Not Giroud level though is it :smirk:

1 Like

Giroud can barely hold up the ball (except for an occasional odd game). All he can do is his trademark first touch chip pass… But hold up… Nahh.

Giroud was/is light years ahead of Lacazette in hold up play aspects. The EL final showed that.

Glad to see there is little outward appetite to extend.

Sackable offence for everyone involved if we extend.

2 Likes

He held up the World Cup well.

4 Likes

How long has he got left on his contract?