Alexandre Lacazette

With you on this.
Both of them have striker’s instincts but Laca is better with other responsibilities as a striker

It’s as if someones been playing football manager and got great results flogging Lacazette and buying some cheap youngsters who are great in the game but crap in real life.

Anyway as it worked out quite well in a game I’m off to have a jog about outside with my sword where I’ll ask random people if they have any quests for me.

2 Likes

Yep, our manager is too busy not figuring a way to play Laca, Auba, Rambo and Ozil together and yet going out to loan a surplus player that could very well not start a match this season unless we’re out of EL or not competing for 4th anymore. Oh, did I forget renewing Chambers’ contract only to loan him out not long after, and then crying a plea later about needing extra cover at defence? A decision that had us playing Xhaka at CB. Xhaka! :scream:

1 Like

How do you want to sell a player like him? He has everything a striker should have. Love his movements off the ball, his will, his positioning and especially his link-up play.

1 Like

He has swag as well. Love his celebrations. :fire::flushed:

Listen, if you don’t like Lacazette try to explain it, instead of being a fucking cock.

4 Likes

Is that targeted at me? :joy::joy:

Didn’t catch today’s game but for me he’s easily our most improved player from last season. Baller

1 Like

Iwobi and Xhaka for me. Laca and Auba have surely though massively improved their game holding the ball though. Laca was unlucky in with his injury last season, hence not being able to show his game over a long period of time. I think he wasn’t even able to speak English last season too which is vital imo.

Aubameyang’s goalscoring record was no worse starting on the left wing in a 4-3-3, where he could make unmarked runs to the back stick to poach tap ins. He’s scored plenty of those this season. He’s brilliant as a receiver.

Lacazette’s dirty work in the middle was fantastic during the period we set up like that and it allowed Auba to roam without being tightly marked all the time like he is in the centre.

They aren’t as functional in a two central striker system.

1 Like

Keep Auba on the wing. Play Laca CF buy winger for the other wing. Then we ball’ :sunglasses:

1 Like

Disagree. They’ve worked better in a two striker system rather than having Auba on the wings.
4-3-1-2 with Rambo or Ozil floating behind them has shown good results. The issue with that is that it keeps Iwobi out, which Emery seems to have grown a liking. He has even tried putting Alex in that #10 position although he is much better down the flanks.

Backup striker is a bit of a myth no?

City: Aguero and Jesus (who’s shit btw)

Lolpool: Firmino and ?? And oft injured Sturridge

United: Lukaku and Rashford. Martial and Lingard are wingers.

Chelsea: Fatty and Godroud

Scum: Kane and Llorente

The difference between all these teams and us is that they all have multi dimensional wingers and forward players who can score goals. We dont. We need a good winger and we could easily get by with Welbz and a guy like Perez who we could get from spain for 15m or so.

1 Like

Yeah we are so heavily reliant on our strikers for goals, think Aubameyang has 18 and Lacazette 13 with no one else in the squad having more than 5.

1 Like

Omg we are reliant on our strikers for goals…fuck me we are doomed I tell u doooooooomed, aren’t they meant to get the majority of the goals since it’s their fucking job.

1 Like

Of course its their job, but the fact no one other than our 2 strikers have scored more than 5 goals in all competitions to this point of the season is a slight concern. Ideally you’d like one of your midfielders/ wingers scoring between 10-15 in all comps and anyone that thinks otherwise is an idiot quite frankly.

2 Likes

“We should sell him though” :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

I’ll tell you what’s even funnier, the fact that he’s got 11 league goals in 26 games this season. The above stat is meaningless in the grand scheme of a 38 game season.

4 Likes

He doesn’t play 90 minutes every week tho :wink:

1 Like

Only 19 starts though. It’s not that bad given he hasn’t been the focal point of the attack all the time. Him and Auba compliment each other well, if they give us 35 goals combined, which is likely, I’m happy with that.

1 Like