Alexander Hleb

Watching Hleb just makes me sad. What a waste of talent.

What was the story with Hleb and ice cream again? I remember there was something.

He met people from Inter for ice cream and transfer chat without Arsenal’s permission.

3 Likes

I’d be more than happy to have Hleb in his favoured no.10 position in this Arsenal side. I remember him frustrating me loads but he’d improve our current creative output hugely.

Never seen a player so allergic to shooting.

1 Like

Haha, yeah that’s precisely the thing that used to frustrate me so much. But I could put up with that now, worth it for the qualities he’d bring.

Fact. People still don’t know.

Birmingham City, away, 2007/08, 1-2 up, top of the league, Hleb has a chance to score to seal the win…

1 Like

So good. So so good. Twitter nerds would demolish his productivity but this guy was so good at piecing place together and silky.

1 Like

I’m sure they’d love him for everything other than goals/assists. Then they’d tell us that he’s really a number 8.

8 Likes

Does anyone know if he ever regretted leaving us?

2 Likes

Easily the most baffling and rapid decline of an Arsenal player I can remember. Our club under Wenger was the home for the “what might have been” story of multiple footballers.

The blokes career basically only existed between 2005-2008. Second he got injured at Barca it’s as though he was instantly retired in that moment.

During 2007-08, Alex Hleb was one of the most talented dribblers/creative attacking players I’ve seen in the PL. The waste of that talent actually hurts to this day lol.

That season was a real one season wonder of a side with a few players that pretty much had all the talent without any kind of longevity. I look at us now and can’t see our players falling apart the same way or leaving us as easily.

This year is the first season where Arsenal look like they have fully adapted to where the league is at today. The game now compared to then is a lot less silkier and easy on the eye but can’t question the intensity and challenge of it.

1 Like

16 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I thought this was being bumped with his annual I regret leaving Arsenal interview

2 Likes

Not really.

He was very highly regarded in Germany before the move, Stuttgart were playing CL in some seasons with him, a very good team at that time.

1 Like

Forgive my ignorance bro

1 Like

It’s that time again

1 Like

yeah of course you cried, if you felt so badly you would have stayed and wouldnt have felt the need to leave if everything suited you so well. Just shut up already no one cares you left end of, and nothing you say or do will change it.

2 Likes