Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Sterling is a pace merchant, he offers nothing else. Cant shoot, cant beat a man, weak as fuck, no left foot, cant pass more that 2 metres. And btw he looks like a fekin lesbian when he runs.

1 Like

It’s a stupid comparison because Ox is now clearly a central midfielder since his move. He moved to be a central midfielder and it seems like that’s exactly where Klopp wants to utilise him.

So the notion of it being either or in the England side really is stupid. Ox would have played centrally and it would have had no bearing on whether Sterling played or not.

@LordBendtner I’ve never seen a lesbian run, do they have a distinct style?

Oh fuck! Almost 1 year out, then. Feel so sorry for him!

I only thing I don’t understand is, Ox has the package to be a winger/wide player, but he chose to be a CM, a position that England already had a bunch.

Besides speed, what else does Sterling have?
This dude got so much benefit from playing with Aguero, Sane, Silva, De Bruyne. Their insane movement and give-and-go created so many chances and spaces for Sterling. His stats pumped up a lot because of his teammates.

20180718_194048

:thinking::thinking:

1 Like

It’s honestly like you’ve just described Oxlade in that statement.

Add in whining, feet-stamping pussy and it’s a perfect description

I wonder if Klopps intense methods burn players out. Pushing them to their limits seeing them break down injured.

Naturally, but Ox does have a significant track record as a winger, in the same position as Sterling. And yet people are still arguing that Ox would be better in that position. Which is utter madness, and disprovable by the simplest of looks at statistics.

He doesn’t. Whatsoever. He was an unmitigated failure in a similar position to Sterling. Sterling, meanwhile, is one of the more effective players in the world in his position, at an extremely young age. Stop imagining (/analysing players like it’s a fucking video game) things because you don’t like the look of Sterling aesthetically on a football pitch, and look a bit at the facts.

Velma from Scooby Doo.

10 Likes

I don’t disagree with this at all.

Point was that the discussion started by Ronnie was him essentially saying that Sterling was lucky Ox wasn’t fit cos he’d play instead, which as you’re saying is bullshit anyway cos it’s clear who is the better winger/forward, but perhaps an even more pointless thing to say because if Ox was fit he’d have been a nailed on starter in our utterly piss poor midfield. He wouldn’t have even been considered as a Sterling replacement.

We can’t come up with an agreement anyway.

You look at Sterling’s stats and I took one extra step to look into WHY he had that kind of stats.

p.s. I never mentioned about his look, it was @LordBendtner, not me.
He could look like Beckham or he could look like Sanogo, doesn’t matter to me.
I look at how he play the game. A speed merchant for City but not for England.

He wont comeback from this injury. Horrible the way this has turned out for him.

Sad for him. Even though I’m not fond of him this is not something you wish anyone. With any luck he can still come back but is it the same knee as last time? Could be career ending either way but especially if it’s the same place.

1 Like

To Jurgen Klopp:

I’m sorry for ever calling you a bottler, or ever insinuating Arsene Wenger in his current state could hold a candle to your football managing nous and overall IQ of the game. The fact that Wenger was past it should have dawned on me years ago when I identified The Ox as a budding central midfield talent and was roundly criticised for it. Just like you Mr. Klopp, you were roundly criticized for purchasing Ox for such a hefty fee and intending for him to play as a cm. Klopp you are a genius and visionary.

Still waiting for my apology @shamrockgooner 🖒

Ox was shit when he left us and he still can’t make the right decision. He’s basically the same player who just plays in a system that hides his deficiencies a bit more. I think people got a little too excited by his performances against City in the CL but don’t get it confused - Ox is, was and never will be the kind of player we needed.

7 Likes

Poor Ox that must be some sort of injury, I didn’t realise it was going to be more than a 12 month process.

The best Ox has played was at RWB for us, for 6 months or whatever it was. Best form of his fucking career.

Still not a CM for me. As SRCJJ said, Klopp’s system just masks his deficiencies. He’s still a very poor decision maker and will never flourish as a CM for me. Ball carrier at best.

2 Likes

Not a clue

If you rewatch the full match of Liverpool 5 Roma 2, you will see Ox taking out Kolarov and then the ball. It was a meaty challenge and should even be given a yellow card (our English commentator said it was a well timed challenge - bias). Instead of breaking Kolarov’s leg he got injured instead.

So not really Klopp’s fault.

This is about as gross a disservice against a player as we’re likely to see on here :joy:

2 Likes