Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Fine, I’m sorry you turned into a troll. :wink:

1 Like

Well tbf, I agreed with you a lot more when you were European for a couple of weeks during the Euro.

Re Ox: I find it a bit hard to really judge his contribution in the middle when we’re playing without a midfield, though that could also just be the way it’s intended for us to play now

1 Like

A wise person once said, “humble yourself and you will be exalted, exalt yourself and you will be humbled.” Dan I know you’ve got it in you. :slight_smile:

And even wiser person once said, “A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.”

5 Likes

I don’t want to like this after your like-bait on me earlier today (:sanchez2:–really need the serious Diaby face here but this will do) but it’s too good not to. Haha, fuck, absolutely killed it.

Credit where it’s due he’s taking to the middle like a duck to water, he looks more natural at CM than Ramsey which is both funny and sad as hell.

The way he’s playing now he has to start against Bayen, would like to see a midfield three of him, Xhaka and Elneny.

He’s shown enough encouraging signs that I’d like to see him played in the middle from here on out.

2 Likes

Hans Sprungfeld was a phony!!!

[quote=“Arsenal4thetreble, post:767, topic:104, full:true”]
Hans Sprungfeld was a phony!!!
[/quote]Guess that’s something you two have in common then :wenger:

Yes but Lisa in her ultimate wisdom knew not to reveal it, because what the people belived about what he stood for was more important. Just like me, thanks for that Mysty.

Looks alright but for those quick to herald him as a CM king (yes you A4TT), you’d do well to remember we lost 50% of the games he played in central midfield.

1 Like

Wouldn’t really agree. It’s Hull at home…his passing…would love to see him play CM for a Palace type side (above all because it would mean he’s not on our books anymore and we’re playing someone more interesting in CM). That can be his level.

Or you could just watch him and realise the obvious.

You’re acting as if Hull didn’t give us a game, also it’s three games on the spin now including most likely our best player against Chelsea.

Irrespective of the opposition he’s been playing very well and looks very at home in the role which can’t be disputed.

I’m not lauding him as some kind of midfield metronome now, however, he deserves some credit nonetheless.

2 Likes

His surging run where he passed to Theo who put Alexis through on goal is the type of play that could add a different dimension to our attack. He seems much more comfortable and natural than out wide. Also if you try and press him he’ll skin you.

lol

2 Likes

You know full well stats like that are utter bollocks.

@BigWeng_4LYFE :smile: :smile: :smile: lol

Man, @AbouCuellar doing his very best to hate on a player he dislikes as per usual. :smile: its almost comforting.

1 Like

I was thinking about it. A 3-man midfield would help us defensively and probably allow him to be more dangerous.

World class at CM.

Yep in the same bracket as the likes of Kroos, Iniesta, Modric and Vidal.

11 Likes

Just saved us 50m on a Cazorla replacement.

Cheers Alex.

2 Likes

Same old story :xhaka:. He is surely a good option as CM.