Alex Iwobi

How did you come to that conclusion? :confused::joy:

Just a misreading of what youā€™d typed so I asked :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iwobi is getting some criticism but if heā€™s up for it I would definitely still have him around as ā€˜squad depthā€™, as you arenā€™t going to be able to get and keep happy a player much better than him as a second stringer. L

Probably heā€™s on realistic wages too, yknow maybe just an adequate living wage of 30k a week or whatever. Keeps him above the breadline

Iwobi is 22 and really not that good to keep around. The fact heā€™s so young and will have circa 100 PL appearances for a top 4/6 club makes him extremely marketable. We can easily replace him with someone of similiar age and quality but totally unproven in the PL for 1/5th of the price we can sell Iwobi for.

The football value he provides really is of a second stringer and we can get similar levels of value output from someone else. Itā€™s time we get really smart about doing the business stuff.

I remember reading somewhere that Iwobiā€™s latest deal is worth something like Ā£70k a week

So basically heā€™s on Eriksen money when his new deal commences ?

If we get Nelson and probably Smith-Rowe back in the summer they should get his minutes. I assume Suarez will get a starting role eventually if he manages to convince Sanhelli/Emery and Mkhitaryan/Ozil will probably be to expensive to offload. There is really no reason at all to keep Iwobi. Even if we donā€™t sign another winger than Suarez. Saka is also a player from the youth whose name keeps popping up. There are enough options to go with.

5 Likes

Yes Iā€™d move Iwobi on if heā€™s on 70k because thatā€™s still a wage some lesser club would willingly pay him to be one of their star players.

Moving forward we need to be far more vicious in only keeping the second string if they know their place/role, but then that does bring with it a much quicker player turnover as they come in, get unhappier quicker and leave earlier. So you need to have that much more luck / skill in identifying the gems amongst the dross.

Youā€™re right we could and perhaps should trade Welbeck & Iwobi for Saka & Smith-Rowe right now in terms of their squad role and save a lot of money in doing so

2 Likes

We canā€™t really compare because Eriksen signed his contract years ago, itā€™ll be up in 18 months and his next contract will be 200k-300k. Youā€™d expect Spurs flog him in the summer

1 Like

No, Eriksen is on Iwobi money.

This is a stick to beat Spurs with, not Arsenal.

8 Likes

Aussie gonna Aussie :wink:

Yeah be good business by Spurs, have Eriksen playing like a star on pittance for years and then flog him for a massive fee when heā€™s 27 years old.

3 Likes

Stats are extremely useful, but I do wonder if these guys actually watch games and donā€™t see how predictable, dull and sluggish the attacking play is and that is not fine at all.

2 Likes

Iā€™d suggest they donā€™t and are just going off our goals scored numbers which leads people to believe we have an extremely potent attack.

The fact he said our attack is fine says it all.

Itā€™s just as ā€œfineā€ as a limp dick in a brothel.

2 Likes

Iwobi defenders are getting into Wenger defenders Territory lol :joy:

1 Like

I am 200% sure this fucker doesnā€™t watch the game at all.
Our attack remained fine?? Fuck it.

3 Likes

Gervinho was great at this tooā€¦

1 Like

I reckon we should get him backā€¦he is doing great at he moment :giroud: :henry2:

1 Like