Alex Iwobi

Squad option only. Very likeable guy tho and he is decent just not start worthy

And he does the typical Arsenal let me take worst possible angle on going after Sterling for third goal - very much to blame for 2 goals imhoā€¦ terrible game from him today. let the team down.

Amazing how many minutes he gets for a club supposedly with ambition to play in the Champions League.

2 Likes

because we have fuck all else really

1 Like

We lack options no doubt, but he sees more EPL mins than the likes of Ozil and Ramsey.

they are even worse on the wings because they arent the sort of players that run at the opposition

Weā€™ve had stretches with good form with Ramsey playing on a wing eg the second half of the 14/15 season. I agree itā€™s not ideal and hence I was crying out for a quality winger all summer as I knew it would likely result in a truckload of Iwobi if it didnā€™t happen.

Yeah right now Iā€™d take Ramsey over Iwobi, but the problem is we need at least one speedy winger and if you have Ramsey on right and Auba on left, we are actually left with NEITHER being a traditional wingerā€¦ it is the big gap we have atm (aside from shit defenders) - we NEED a WC wing - should have gone for a Bailey or someone earlierā€¦ again, we are a few players short and will persist with that at least through next year imho.

2 Likes

So one footed and with next to no talent in it, gives full backs easy afternoons every game.

Too inconsistent tbh. Itā€™s a shame because he looked pretty talented when he was coming through, but he got ā€˜wengerizedā€™

1 Like

Consistently the worst player on the pitch. Why is he still getting starts, at a certain point the blame falls on Emery not Iwobi.

At fault for the first goal along with Mustafi but he played hard. He just isnā€™t consistent enough to start and lacks end product imo. Heā€™s a squad player at best but is put into this situation because of the repeated failures of this club to properly invest.

3 Likes

I wish he had some sort of end product.

Or the start of one.

Accurate

3 Likes

Right foot only.

Thought he was one of our better players in recent weeks, not gonna lie. Today he became the Iwobi of last season though

Really? I never saw it when he broke through. I think Wenger actually polished him a bit which made him ā€˜usefulā€™. Nelson needs to get his minutes next season and we need to sign a starting player. Assuming Mkhitaryan will be gone too. But I think thatā€™s just idle hope and Iwobi is still here next season.

1 Like

There are few players in this team (Including Iwobi) that are simply nowhere good enough for Arsenal or any top 6 club, there is no debate.
He can produce good moments occasionally and decieve some people, but if you look the big picture, he is west ham/ palace quality at best.

4 Likes

He has qualities to his game that mean heā€™s probably an good player for some of the bottom half teams, but I canā€™t see him ever turning into Arsenal quality. I think heā€™s probably going to be something like a Pennant level, maybe a little better.

I could see him somewhere like Bournemouth or Southampton, and if they wanted to give us 20m towards a rebuild I wouldnā€™t mind it, but my guess is with the amount of bodies weā€™re losing this summer heā€™ll be kept by default even if there was some interest.

As a squad player we could do worse, but I think heā€™s too good to be just a squad player here long term but not good enough to have a meaningful role.