Alex Iwobi

yeah, shite… whatever…

Why do you get upset and sending reinforcement to the one(s) who try to put you down and insult you??

For the first few times, yes, we may get hurt because we are all human, we get emotional.
After that, you gotta grow up and face it.

Yeah, you can act like a crybaby and have people show pity on you, because in the end, you are the “victim”, and racism and discrimination are wrong.

Sorry, I don’t want to act like victim, and I chose NOT TO BE A VICTIM.
I got bullied when I was young… and the best way to deal with it is to counter it. Same as racism and discrimination.

I just want to be clear here, people who object to being subjected to racist abuse need to grow up deal with it? And if not, they’re acting like crybabies?

That is my opinion, I stated that clearly enough.
Racist is wrong.

Also my opinion is, yes, we have to grow up.
It is your choice to accept the fate, or you choose to turn it around and face it.

For me, Ozil is weak because he could have stayed with the DFB, show the world that what his colleagues cannot do but only he could; and proves his value. He choose to leave instead.

There is no right or wrong to step up or not, just do or do not.
Don’t misquote me.

Okay enough degradation of Indians.

In our defence, we are just racist in the aspect of shallowness.
We will not discriminate with you if you integrate in our society. There is no malice in our racism, it’s just down to low interaction.
We are still the nicest bunch ever.

I don’t know if I made it better or worse though :sweat_smile:

1 Like

This is spot on

I think what @ronniec is aiming at is that: racism is wrong. How we react to it is however entirely personal and in our hands.

Racism being undoubtedly wrong, there are a few different ways in which one can cope with it: A) cry and be a victim which is the easiest choice because it means you don’t have to do anything. You bath in pity. Possible to do that, but eventually it doesn’t do much and doesn’t move you forward.

B) feel hurt, but understand that you’re not the only one subjected to dumb ass racism and that you should not let dumb ass racism influence your life and your choices. You can choose to react differently to it and do something. Despite the racism.

As with anything else thrown at people daily, good or bad, how we deal with it depends mostly on ourselves.

There is a hella lot of racism around the world. Some people still go on to become incredibly successful and happy despite being subjected to it and some don’t. We cannot influence other people’s behaviour we can control our own.

5 Likes

I hate wading into these discussions but it is not helpful to parse too much ones reaction to racism one form or another bc one never knows when the line can be crossed. We have a f*ing President in 2019 that blatantly sows dischord, and violence against Muslims and others is on the rise last couple of years.

Long term only solution is education as it is just ignorance and/or pathetic self-interest that allow it to go on.

That’s a misinterpretation imo.
He is simply against excess immigration.

But yeah agree with you apart from that.

Then you haven’t been following closely enough… it is way beyond the immigration thing - that is just the most blatant and wasteful representation… anyway, the point I was trying to make was about the fact that one can easily dismiss “words” as just something to ignore, but when the subtext is always possible hatred and violence, it isn’t that easy.

1 Like

It’s always the people who have never been subjected to racism that have strong opinions on how people that do should be dealing with it lol

1 Like

You truly believe that and think I have never been suffered from racism before?

Never ceases to amaze me.

I don’t know you to know whether you have but I know a lot of the usual suspects on this forum who are the most vocal about how people should deal with racism haven’t.

Damn, what a label…

That’s because we tend to not be emotional about the subject and can think rationally.
Trump’s policies are easily dismissed as a racist move but we have a thread here to emphasise how bad immigration is and a big part of immigrants are Muslims.

:arteta:

That’s one way of putting it.

Immigration is way different all over the world - Trump’s representation of the situation is so rife with ridiculous lies and misrepresentations and his overall demonstrable racism/nationalism is so well-documented that it is hard to imagine anyone doesn’t reach that conclusion any more…

I want to give him a chance, but he’s so fucking frustrating. Think we should collect some homegrown millions for him and look further tbh.

He’s not good enough.

Should be playing mid-table (which is generous) or even below.

Plays way too many minutes for us, he thinks so slowly. In the final third if he’s not a total waste of space it’s a surprise, he should be playing at CM or nothing.

1 Like

Also, cost us a crucial goal in the first minute… just unacceptable.

3 Likes