Alex Iwobi

You really don’t, it’ll make your eyes bleed :iwobi:

2 Likes

So he isn’t useless/average then who would have known

1 Like

What’s his goals and assists/ minutes this season ?

You should think a bit more before throwing that around as if it’s a reliable benchmark. :theo:

2 Likes

Hahaha yeah I did think that after I wrote the post and regardless of those numbers he’s superior to Theo. I was just asking out of curiosity more so.

1 Like

He needs a couple of loans to prove himself he can play here.

1 Like

Throwing out that turnover ratio stat is just embarrassing.

I really don’t think it is given this contemporary hipster circlejerk over overly-specific statistics that seems to have gripped football.

1 Like

Iwobi is one of the best promising players around. Truly believe that. People forget he’s stepping up for his country too which is great for his age.

4 Likes

His shooting may be absolute shit but he’s a player that almost always pick the right choice in the final third. I’d rather have that than some hammer-footed idiot like Podolski or a hardworking donkey in Welbeck.

5 Likes

He may not have an end product right now but he is always involved and works well with how our football is supposed to be.

I really want us to groom him.

He won’t be your 90m youngster but he will be a good asset.

1 Like

What if a Ronaldo and Messi couldn’t score or assist??
Yes, hard working is great… but attacking players have to score or assist.
Getting involved is NOT ENOUGH.

If a shit shooting attacking player is getting that much praise, just because he got involved, actually we can play Coq in that position.
A lot of players work their socks off, but shit in shooting.

Yup, Iwobi can play football at a high level without being a hindrance. Whether end product comes or not I think he’ll always be useful.

4 Likes

Ronaldo would be absolute shit(as he’s been all season) and Messi would still be one of the best player in the world.

The thing with Iwobi is not that he’s a hard worker(though he is) but that the team as a whole plays better when he’s in the field, that’s the point. That he pick the right pass, run to the right place and ensures that the play keep moving.

Sure end product would be nice, but that doesn’t mean that he doesn’t bring other things to the table.

That’s the difference between Iwobi and player like Podolski. That when the former doesn’t score the he still improves the team, when the latter doesn’t score you may as well be playing with 10 men.

2 Likes

Sell the fucker. Looking up to Walcock? FFS! Get a grip, you tit!

Just different opinion.
I see Iwobi is just another youngster, nothing special, period.

If you say say Ronaldo would be absolute shit if not scoring… Then a lot of star forwards, attacking players would be absolute shit when not scoring, not limited to Podolski.

1 Like

He helps the creative machine tick, so despite his poor shooting technique; his positives on the ball (and recently off it) put him ahead of many attacking midfield/wide players in the squad who only offer the ability to finish chances. He’s young, energetic, gets himself into good positions and makes a lot of good choices as a growing playmaker. While you can’t ignore his flaws he’s doing well so far.

Lmao :joy: Messi, Alaba, Iwobi, the list just keeps growing of players who sing Walcott’s praises. No worries I’m sure some random pasta boy from Italy knows a lot more than these dumb footballers who play the sport as a profession :grin:

2 Likes

On this ‘logical’ basis Iniesta should never have started for Barce and Roiscky and Wilshere were of no value to us. All including Iwobi are playmakers and playmaking in the final third is an important quality.

1 Like

First, you compare Iwobi to the great Iniesta???

Second, Jack spent most of his career as CM

You compare Iwobi to the wrong players