Albert Sambi-Lokonga (Loan: Luton)

I think it’s a mid length noodle. Probably holds a sauce well. Maybe pair it with a red wine. I’d defer to @Gio on that front.

All jokes aside, Locatelli ain’t coming here. Maybe Neves comes but I haven’t seen much on that front. I think the club really want Odegaard back and are willing to sacrifice budget and time to make it happen.

A midfield rotation of Partey, Sambi-Lokonga, Neves and Elneny is certainly…interesting?

1 Like

Only way I see us not signing a Xhaka replacement is if Xhaka doesn’t actually leave.
As things stand I think we’re definitely signing a backup GK, a CM and an AM on top of Tavares, White and Lokonga.
Not a matter of if but who at this point.

1 Like

Yep. Our options aren’t going to be just Partey, Lokonga, Elneny

2 Likes

Is that much better than what we already have.
I know Xhaka isn’t there but are any of those players top four quality and is Lokonga going to be a regular first team starter?

Sounds like a kid who the parents trusts the keys with….

6 Likes

Out on a family holiday in Crete at the moment, they got a kids disco in the evenings one of the songs is “hokey cokey” thinking it would defo make a good chant .

“Ohhhhhh ohhh Albert Sambiiiii,
Ohhhhhh ohhh Albert Sambiiii,
Ohhhh ohhh Albert Sambiii,
Albert Sambi La- Kon-gaaaa” :musical_note::musical_note::musical_note:

7 Likes

You’ve deffo been on the Guinness and red bull. :grin:

1 Like

:rofl::joy: Damn straight, even had three shots of the old baileys tonight. Went full Irish. Only thing is they don’t have red bull at this resort been drinking some Greek knock off called QB :joy:

3 Likes

Click for a video

https://player.arsenal.com/video/lokonga-trains-his-new-team-mates-inside-training

2 Likes

I worked in Crete for a few years, what part are you in?

1 Like

Heraklion, it’s the capital of the island I think. Stunning scenes and beautiful architecture here.

1 Like

I worked in Rethymnon, which is about fifty miles from there but Heraklion is where the airport is so you don’t have far to travel and also Knossos which has one of the best historical sites in Europe.
Crete is a great island, although very hot.

3 Likes

Yeah looking to check out some of the sites like knossos, it is very hot but it’s manageable for me so far. Must of had a blast working here though bro.

2 Likes

Yeah, its was.
I made friends with people from all over Europe that I still keep in touch with.
I’d recommend it to anyone.

2 Likes

Good cameo. Loving his awareness and positioning. Always tried to make himself available and is very calm on the ball.
Interesting to see his progress this season.

4 Likes

Lad is very, very likeable. :grin:

2 Likes

Very interested to see how he is integrated once the real games start. My assumption has been that he wouldn’t play much beyond the cups (assuming we buy a Xhaka replacement). But he has looked really comfortable in our team so far, not only capable of some exciting progressive actions but just hasn’t really put a foot wrong in general and also showed some ability to be press resistant and play himself out of trouble in the very few occasions where he has gotten into a tricky situation.

1 Like

Press resistant? Sign me up

1 Like

Sooo, Arteta will bench him then. Good to know.

1 Like

Lokonga is going to be great. It’s only pre-season, but I love what I see.

9 Likes