Albert Sambi-Lokonga (Loan: Luton)

The key is moving him on quickly and quietly. We don’t need him hanging around doing a Cal Chambers.

1 Like

this guy chatting crap begging for minutes…shut your face and learn to play in a half decent way maybe then you might get some minutes, absolute hot garbage.

Need to get Danilo in January.

1 Like

Truth bomb.

Get rid, so many other interesting midfield prospects worth investing in

1 Like

Guen is so much better and a similar age to this guy, shame that he and Arteta clashed.

Hopefully we can dump Sambi and sign a quality mud though.

1 Like

Well that’s football and that’s fine. The problem is when you don’t have enough numbers on the books.
That chance signing then gets elevated and does nothing for him or us being given increased responsibility.
He then becomes a liability. Squad sizing is a requisite need in the PL.
We really should have done more and leaves us desperate in terms of numbers for January 3 or 4 minimum.

1 Like

He’s not popular around here nowadays but the small sample set we had of him under Arteta was very promising.
If they hashed things out we would’ve had a top midfielder right now.

We simply don’t have players with his profile, and they’re hard to come by. Versatile, great passer and a proper windup.
Desperately need some more players that have some steel and give it back. Getting into a territory again where we are getting kicked around and it just gets swept under the carpet. Lost art of the game, players should be swarming the ref, putting the pressure on them. Last big team to really do it was Madrid.

This guy is not it, if he wants to play more he needs to apply himself cause he is looking like a bum

2 Likes

Danilo in January to backup Partey. Some combination of ESR and Patino to backup Xhaka next year, Sambi sold to anybody willing to pay 15m.

Thought he did okay earlier in the season but he has been an absolute passenger today and this is in a position with less defensive responsibility.

This guy just seems like he doesnt have the drive to be a decent player at this level.

1 Like

Smacks me of a player who’s going to play the blame game.
Arteta doesn’t give him games. Martinez won’t give him games.
Nobody likes me, everybody hates me. All my agent’s fault.

2 Likes

I’ve lost faith. Had thought he’d look loads better in a more advanced role.

He is to casual for the advance role, and to passive in a defensive role

1 Like

He’s just a mostly unimpressive player. I can’t remember a moment where I thought ooh, this might be a player here. I have pretty much no interest in him.

10 Likes

Who or what the fuck does he think he is. Dud.

Can we send him back to Belguim in January?

2 Likes

Is the no planes before then.

1 Like

We tend to have brussels in England in December you see

3 Likes

I don’t think he was that bad but it really pisses me off seeing players pressing high and then being too lazy to track back.

1 Like

I liked the idea of this signing at the beginning. Had some hype about him (a little too much in hindsight), captained his team and had a good reputation in Belgium for a young player.

It’s unfair when you have to compare him to a player like Partey but if we were to compare him with Elneny for example, I think you’re in the right sort of area. I’m not seeing the clichéd ‘tenacity’ from him in midfield, he doesn’t make himself available, so he can get a feel of the pace of the game. He often looks like he hides behind players and I think this is where that passenger like feeling comes from, almost ghost-like in periods of the game.
Maybe the criticism is harsh, especially on squad players that don’t get the frequency of game time to develop form but I thought by this point we would have seen some sort of blueprint to the kind of player he is.

I’ve not seen it yet though and unfortunately.

3 Likes