Albert Sambi-Lokonga (Loan: Luton)

Yall are really sleeping on Ceballos. Probably lost our best midfielder. Lokonga coming from a weaker league doing less than Dani who was carrying this midfield. Dani is really that guy the Xhaka supporters want Xhaka to be :joy::joy::joy: too bad Mikel is such a shit coach or else that Partey/Dani midfield coulda been good.

Is there a stat that captures the games where he looked out of his depth, losing his man, sprinting back in slow motion and losing possession in our defence?

Add to that this happened in important games too…

3 Likes

He was our best midfielder by a wide margin and we won’t buy anyone even close to as good as Dani. Ultimately the shitty nature of the midfield as a whole comes down to Arteta’s terrible tactics and coaching, as highlighted by Mikel transforming Partey from a CL stud to a mediocre player.

What happened to our midfield this year actually makes a ton of sense. We are a very rigid side thanks to our manager. It’s why doods like Xhaka and Elneny actually had a resurgence because there’s no pressure on them. All they do is make boring simple passes and don’t bother to really break lines or dribble. For the actual talented midfielders with technical ability like Partey and Dani all the pressure was on those guys to perform and make something happen out of nothing. No movement from the forward lines and nobody to help them in attack. He even managed to make Arsenal fans turn on one of the hottest young talents in the game. Nobody even wants Ødrgaard back :joy::joy: these doods will return to their clubs and resume being coached properly and start playing better. At least they should if they are smart.

1 Like

Tbh loads of other variables. Lokonga is 21 and captaining his side. He’s been made to play deeper this season from what iv read.

Would be a disaster to just sign 1 midfielder considering we have 2 starters from last season leaving. We definitely will be signing 2 CM along with an AM. That’s what I hope anyway lol

Don’

Top post bro. Agree with this 100% with the Dani part no so much.

I think we will also sign 2 cms, and Lokonga could be really good in the future. Our second CM will be and underwhelming replacement for Xhaka ala Neves tho most likely, either that or we will buy Bissouma thinking he will be better than Dani as an 8 (which he wont)…We won’t be buying a 60m rated player tho. Hope I’m wrong.

Dani got worse and worse as Artetas influence on the team got greater. Pretty easy to see what the issue was. Ppl went from begging for Dani to come back to wanting him gone. During that same time Partey devolved into mediocrity…doesn’t take much to see why that happened tbh.

1 Like

The only time Dani ever looked like a professional player was towards the end of his first loan when Arteta just came in. Unfortunately Dani didn’t trust the process and reverted to a Sunday league talent.

2 Likes

#1 Arteta backer saying Dani was a Sunday league talent lmaoooooo. Just so ya know Dani haters this is the man who’s stands with you :joy::joy::joy::joy::clown_face::clown_face::clown_face::clown_face:

13 Likes

Here’s the meme bruh

2 Likes

Not going to lie man I’m pretty happy that I triggered you enough to go make that lelelelelkek

8 Likes

Based.

2 Likes

It had to be done, it’s going to be a very useful meme this upcoming season :joy::joy:

2 Likes

I trust your process bro

2 Likes

Looks like we’re in for both

3 Likes

This has taken way too long to be done. Announce him already.

So if we are paying this sort of fee is he going to be part of our set up.
Getting worried if this is the sort of gamble we are looking for as our midfield solution.

Don’t mind this type if signing if they see it as a developmental squad type sighing.

1 Like