Ainsley Maitland-Niles

Loan + Option is shitty but ultimately the club put itself in this position. We had a solid offer from Wolves.

4 Likes

Yeah if that’s all that’s on the table then I can see why the club might play games to try and get Everton back to the table with something better, although if we fuck this up on deadline day then we only punish ourselves.

I think I saw Everton covered as a club in FFP peril? You could at least do loan with a dodgy accounting obligation for 2022 in that case?

A bit pathetic to allow pretty much everyone barring Willock to leave on loan but loaning Ainsley(glorified backup under Arteta) to broke Everton is where we draw the line.

2 Likes

I don’t know why people expect us to let our backup fullback leave on loan to a mid table rival only to watch Tierney and Cedric get injured then cry about us letting him go.

AMN can stop his crying and deal with staying unless everton pay up. If they actually wanted to buy him now then I’d agree Edu and Arteta are in the wrong.

He’s like 5th choice RB…
Didn’t we sub on Tavares at RB against Brentford?

Didn’t we sub AMN on at CM against WBA? Didn’t we sub AMN on the right side against City?

He’ll get game time eventually with our shit injury record and the quality of players ‘in front’ of him.

Plus again why would we loan another player out? It’s pathetic how many we’re loaning.

I’m sure this argument was made last year, with the exact same players in front of him, and it was deemed necessary to loan him out in January because we didn’t need him.

Now we don’t even have any easy midweek European fixtures to pad minutes in. If he stays here and this coach doesn’t use him then we’re just making him even less desirable to other clubs in future.

1 Like

Less desirable than probably a 1m loan fee? I’d rather take the chance and keep him lol

Against Brentford when we had like 3 right backs on the bench (including Ainsley) and the manager brought on Tavares what the fuck was going on then? It sounded like at the time Ainsley couldn’t be arsed to play RB. Confusing situation not sure we have the truth.

Either way he’s 24 and think he has to push for the move out.
Think it’ll work for him under Benitez and we get some money at the end of the season.
Just being named one of nine players every week is pointless now.
He’s of a certain standard and we will get money on him.
It’s not like a Nelson, Eddie type wing and prayer stuff.

1 Like

Think one way or another he won’t be an Arsenal player by 11 pm tonight.

1 Like

I’m not sure what we’d get, hopefully a little more than that. But if he doesn’t play and play well, who even wants him?

We’ve gone from rejecting 20m offers when he was a starting player for us and helping us win the cup to potentially having to accept shitty loans when he was a bench player, so come summer 2022 where are the offers coming from when he has another season on our bench playing 400 league minutes?

For what it’s worth I’m team Ainsley. I like a “utility player” and I’d like him to stay and be given the RB spot and I’m sure I said that last year, but his career is just stalling at this point and keeping him here purely in the hope that the manager sees sense or gets replaced by someone else who can see sense just feels like a poor way to manage a player two years in a row.

3 Likes

He’s only 5th choice because of weird Arteta having a grudge against him. Clear as day he’s better than Cedric, Chambers etc

1 Like

The argument on RB is redundant now because of the Japanese lad.
So reevaluate from their. He should go and we have no reason or gain by stopping it now.

1 Like

The backup options of Cedric and chambers aren’t good enough so there’s always that argument

Arteta needs a good kicking.

What a bully and twat.

I know exactly the type. A shit corporate bully boss.

Complete cunt. Bootlicker. Take your watch for Gazidis, shove it up your arse and fuck off.

Can’t wait till the fans abuse you in person and hound you out you reprehensible coward of a human.

4 Likes

But the lad wants first team football. That must trump back up RB surely and Everton give him that.

Arteta is an awful clueless manager and a piece of shit person.

Only wish him the worst.

This is not the manager and club that I began to support.

2 Likes

Do they? Seamus Coleman is their Captain and starting right back for a decade now.

1 Like

I think he just wants a fair shot at a starting place. Weirdo Arteta isn’t giving him that.