Ainsley Maitland-Niles

Hopefully someone does and we get shut.

That’s a good attitude to have.
The complete opposite of players that are happy to earn millions, while putting in the minimum effort like Ozil and Willian.

He might not be good enough to be a first team regular here but showing that he wants to play and try and prove he is good enough will at least show other potential managers what he is capable of.

4 Likes

I agree he would bring lots to the centre of our midfield.

Lapses in concentration, turnovers to the other team, dithering on the ball, lazy passing and lack of awareness.

Far from convinced he is an option in midfield. His lack of focus and awareness makes him a poor fit imo.

Tbh, I’ve no clue whether he even has the technical skill set for the role. What is his positioning like? Ability to recycle possession? Ball progression? 360 degree press resistance? Even his passing range?

In the end, I’m happy to let WBA conduct this experiment for us. I’m not optimistic in any event.

7 Likes

He did well in that role during the cup run. All be it he started out at left back, but he was solid when cutting and we was transitioning to a 3 in midfield. Was doing 80% of Xhakas job for him.

3 Likes

Was making space for Auba too by dragging players.

2 Likes

Yeah for real, guy was like a Swiss Army knife. Overlapping, dragging players out wide, covering in midfield, tracking back and putting in tackles. Every team needs some one like AMN. He’s so so useful.

Yup only dood we’ve had since Ramsey that can make those runs from midfield into the box. Again we should look hard at keeping him because the versatility he provides. Cover at RB and can play in the middle. If we can’t make some major purchases this summer he upgrades a lot of areas when he returns.

4 Likes

Smoked out af homebois

3 Likes

He doesn’t upgrade shit if he persists with this ridiculous central midfield obsession. At RB and RWB he’s useful yeah but lacks offensive impetus.

2 Likes

I still believe in him, not sure CM is it for my guy but I’ll give him credit for trying to make it work.

Look at all these football experts knowing what a footballer should do with his career.

You’re describing how a proper full back is supposed to play and not do whatever Bellerin is doing on that right hand side ;).

2 Likes

Imagine if he had Tierney’s or at least Cedric’s crossing. Unstoppable.

1 Like

However good a midfielder he is, I am confident he’d be a better RB.

Oh how I wish he felt the same way. Him and Bellerin or Cedric - world of difference.

1 Like

Only way AMN plays for a top 4-6 club is as RWB or RB, if he wants to play CM that’s fine but he’ll have to settle for clubs of less stature.

1 Like

Ainsley impressive again. Sticks out so much at WBA. :sob:
That Yokuslu lad ain’t too bad either.

1 Like

Snapshot of what West Brom fans have thought of him. Sounds like they’re coming to a similar conclusion. ‘Not a CM, better in the wide positions.’

5 Likes

Umm ur not allowed to use the opinions of the ppl who watch him play for their favorite club week in week out. You’ve got to make up ur own opinions on him, that’s how it works derrrppp

2 Likes

:arteta: OA SMOKED AS F !

3 Likes

If you constantly have to make excuses for the player then he ain’t all that. Didn’t see anyone slighting Saka when he was played in likes a million different positions, kid just put his head down and got on with it.

4 Likes