Ainsley Maitland-Niles

And Gabriel…

2 Likes

Yeah credit where it’s due he had a pretty solid match.

1 Like

The way he threw his body in the way of the Watford player going for the ball brought a tear my eye.

He gives a bit of hard nose physicality vibes.

Also, he gets MOTM points for playing in a role he’s not normally played in but was excellent nonetheless.

4 Likes

Considering they flashed the graphic before he’d actually named him I don’t think that’s how it works. :slight_smile:

Gotta love the AMN praise, when in reality he’s back to warming the bench for another month until we have a League Cup match again.

5 Likes

I’m more than happy for AMN to get Elneny’s and Cedric’s minutes. That was a very capable midfield performance and we know what he can do at RWB.

That level of focus and application is all he needed to make the step up, and that was my main reservation. He’s showing maturity that needs to be there for a 24 year old.

Good on you Ainsley

2 Likes

Good point about RWB.

Maybe that’s how he gets his minutes - being back up CM and RWB, that should get him enough throughout a season realistically given how often we have injuries etc.

Although I guess we tried that situation with Ox and it didn’t really work out.

He’d have to operate as a RB tbf, he’s not been as comfortable there compared to the wing back role where he thrived at times (both LWB and RWB).

But as a backup to Tomiyasu that is okay for now. Hope he is happy to be backup CM and fullback. He could spend a good few years at the club if he accepts that he will be a utility man.

Jesus I wasn’t being literal lol

:hipster:

typical backtracking by Casman

1 Like

Ok you got me I genuinely think that commentators pick MOTM’s by whoever is on the screen at the time.

No you don’t. Do you really?

This conspiracy may have legs. I’ve seen some questionable MOTMs being given as well.

Yep, yep.

14 Likes

This guy being behind Elneny in the pecking order is precisely why Arteta should have respected his wish to leave and let him go.

We’re nearly half way through the season and he doesn’t play. It’s the same shit Arteta pulled last season with him

6 Likes

Arteta has messed with his career for a while now.

Should have sold him to Wolves when we had the chance.

1 Like

Arteta has spoiled some careers.
Nelson, Nketiah, AMN…let them go or use them

I don’t see why Elneny should be ahead of AMN last night.

1 Like

I’m not AMN biggest fan but the way he’s been managed by Arteta has been a disgrace. Selecting Elneny ahead of him….that’s bollocks.

If I’m in ANN’s shoes, I’d be trying to force a move out of the club come January as this coach clearly doesn’t rate me. Elneny…

9 Likes