Ainsley Maitland-Niles

Reminds me of Carragher saying, “Nobody wants to grow up to be a Gary Neville” :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Where is the fake hard man Arteta when he needs to be tough on players?

Wait… he wants AMN to stay this time?

Where is the fucking consistency???

The results :wink:

2 Likes

Ainsley during those private conversations:

Who?

2 Likes

Versatility is such a overrated attribute.

1 Like

1 Like

Can’t open his mouth without utter shite dribbling out

8 Likes

Very true. Versatility is something I always got carried away with a few years ago, for AM’s and defenders, etc., but experience now tells me buying a player for their versatility is a poor rationale. Jack of all trades, and all that. I think versatile utility squaddies should just be players coming up through youth ranks, not spending 18m on Chambers, for example, which was a decent sum back then when we bought him.

1 Like

Jack of all trades, not good.
One trick pony, not good.

Arsenal… :wenger:

1 Like

Only when you have a manager that is shite at everything.

What do you call that btw?

3 Likes

The King of Speech… all talk no action

1 Like

AMN is shite anyway, he’s just being as respectful as he can.

1 Like

Not a CM for any club that has aspirations of being in the top 15 in the EPL.

3 Likes

Thought his first outing there was slightly below average. Just didn’t really do anything special in the central areas

Not sure it’s worth giving him an extended run. Think his level is bottom half PL

2 Likes

For a player who wants to be a CM he definitely doesn’t play enough like one. He’s best at winning the ball but the amount of times he gave it away just wasn’t good enough, and he left Lokonga alone in the middle so often.

2 Likes

I wasn’t impressed by AMN in midfield today. Was a weak link in our side, and didn’t look great at RB either. I think he is destined to move to a mid-table team.

2 Likes

Well according to Edu we’re basically aiming for 15th this season so it’s fine.

1 Like

If this guy gets more relaxed and chilled he will collapse and die. Normally you want your players calm, but this is too much.

Maybe 10-15 caffeine pills before games can do the trick?

1 Like

The dude was hardly played the whole year. He gave a good account of himself in midfield with that context.
Give him a few more games and then we can tell.

3 Likes