Ainsley Maitland-Niles

Coleman found himself on the bench in favour of Sidibe for quite a few games in the 2019/2020 season.

Think he may give this run down Coleman a decent starting job battle.

1 Like

Maybe. Far from a given though AMN walks into that side.

1 Like

Definitely poor management last year, I’d have snapped their hands off at the 20m bid and had him out the door.

Now it doesn’t make sense unless we get at least 10-15m, better to keep him around and eventually use him.

Only spanner in the works is his stupid Instagram post. I don’t care what’s gone on behind the scenes, he shouldn’t have done something like that.

> After his move to Everton was blocked, Ainsley Maitland-Niles has been told he won’t be training with the Arsenal first team. More @MirrorFootball

Yet another example of Arteta’s man management skills.

It’s no wonder he’s lost the dressing room.

2 Likes

He’s a good permanent signing for Everton. For a lot of clubs really. A loan without any sort of indication of a permanent deal is a bit suspect though if that’s on the cards.

I’m assuming here he believes he’s wanted by Everton and I guess Benitez on some kind of long term proposition, so walking in on day one to be the starter might not be as much of a deal breaker if the path to that position is at least clear and with a soon to be 33 year old ahead of him it hopefully would be. Surely he’s not doing let me leave begging Instagrams for a bog standard loan to play a bit of football for a few months?

I remember reading an interview with I think Isaac Hayden about how Benitez basically seduced him in a talk before signing by pointing out his tactical flaws and how he could develop. Maybe Ainsley got the same sweet talk.

2 Likes

Wait so we did agree with Palace on a fee… But Eddie probably wanted impossible wages?

Not buying that.

1 Like

That’s what Vieira said

1 Like

That’s tough to believe. I’m with Sham. A guy like Eddie needs to play and he’s probably not making a ton of money (in football terms) now. Can’t imagine he’s walking away from a deal because they won’t pay him 250k/wk.

5 Likes

Was saying the same thing last summer with his handling of the Özil and Guendo situations but I was told Özil and Guendo were the issues and Arteta was instilling a culture :joy::joy::joy::joy:

5 Likes

The way Benitez treated Benayoun, I wouldn’t trust him to dictate my career butyou go Ainsley

Permanent deal or no deal at all

We know how this ends.

Arteta is a wizard. Turns £20m from Wolves into £0.

7 Likes

Magic!

3 Likes

I think we are right in refusing a two year loan deal, what the fuck do we get out of that?

Nothing at all, he’d also be a free agent after that spell.

It was a mistake.

Ah okay, missed that earlier!

2 Likes