Ainsley Maitland-Niles

You do go on like he’s a family member of yours so I’m happy to go along with that and accept you probably know better than I do.

2 Likes

Tbf, that is my deduction based on various reports and interviews.

Don’t take it for granted. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Strange how he went from being one of our better performers at the end of last season to barely getting a sniff this year.

2 Likes

Yeah was really strange because he was massive in those summer victories over lolpool and Chelsea in the FA Cup final, as u said arguably our best player. Forehead gonna forehead tho so…

6 Likes

He was one of our better performers but in a very specific role - LWB charged with keeping players like Mahrez in his pocket on defense, then becoming a free floating midfielder in possession - in a very defensive setup that we were never going to keep playing (and certainly nobody here wanted us to keep playing).

The real mistake was not selling him to Wolves when we could and then using the money to help buy an attacking midfielder.

2 Likes

Except of course him being one of our best players when Arteta first joined in 2019 until the lockdown, as a RB in a back 4.

2 Likes

Ainsley remontanda. :sob:
My guy seeing all of his competition thinking he can fill the void. He doesn’t know that Arteta wants him gone as well though. :rofl:

1 Like

This quote makes him seem a bit further out the door.

Time to find a new club my dude.

1 Like

I wish he’d realise he’s a much better RB than a CM, even if he is a good CM.

5 Likes

Hopefully we can get £10m for him

1 Like

Really unprofessional. We should have had a meeting with him already. If we plan on selling/loaning, his agent should already know

2 Likes

I want a decision. I want some clarity. And then hopefully I can get to work with whoever I need to get to work with. Whether that is finding a new club or whether that is carrying on with my training. I would like some kind of indication of what is happening. Where they [Arsenal] see me. If it works out it works out, if it doesn’t then kiss Arsenal goodbye. It’s been a long journey but a proud one at that. Maybe they still want to do something and things could change. If not, there’s always other teams. It would be easier to do it now than waiting for pre-season to kick in and everything is super busy. And they can’t answer their phones because they are doing too much work. You know how the football world works.

And they can’t answer their phones because they are doing too much work. You know how the football world works.

This interview is insane. We’re actually run by morons.

3 Likes

2 Likes

One of the easiest things to do is communicate, just takes a bit of effort. Iirc Saliba said the same, we didn’t even bother to communicate the situation to him. Arteta is a terrible man manager, writing has been on the wall in regards to that for a while now.

5 Likes

And players with shit attitudes who couldn’t spell the word professional let alone define it.

Who says he had a shit attitude?

I’d say that interview does.

Well, he has been trying to reach Arsenal to ask them whether he should look for a club or not and they’re not answering him. He’s actually basing what’s happening based on rumours. That’s bloody outrageous.

This is nowhere near the unprofessionalism shown by Torreira for example.

1 Like

You buy this as verbatim do you? What reason do we have for doing that. How does it do anything for us.

I thought we now had one of those out on loan managers that deals with all the players to keep them updated on the club’s plans and vice versa?