Ainsley Maitland-Niles

That role is more about attacking than defending though. Sides are setting up to nullify our threat from the left. Most of our goals recently have come from the right because of that.
Ainsley would have taken advantage of that.

Be honest, even if AMN did play yesterday, God knows how Arteta was going to use him and what kind of instructions he would give AMN?
Like Xhaka having a more defensive role?
Nowadays even you are a striker, your main role could be tracking back, as a attacking midfielder your role is to stay upfront and wait for counter attack. As a left full back you play like a left wing… etc.

1 Like

Bellerin was far from being the problem yesterday. And AMN would not have been the solution.

1 Like

AMN is always the solution.
Another baller in the side doesn’t hurt.
Lad has it all. :five::zero:

3 Likes

Finally you say something I can get behind

Could have sold him and raised funds for a player Arteta actually wanted, but no he just sits on the bench lmao. Well maybe its better we didn’t sell him as those funds probably woulda gone towards a new Xhaka contract :joy::joy:

7 Likes

They were saying exactly that on the Arsecast. Seems ridiculous how this one has gone too. Like everything else.

3 Likes

So were we really desperate for money to fund for Partey?
Hell not.

Arteta has made such a mess of 20/21

I’ve never doubted we had money.

2 Likes

rumors sayiny we need Ozil’s bonus/appearance fee to fund for Partey’s transfer… what a joke.

He didn’t do anything. This was always going to happen. That is why it’s so strange we haven’t sold him.

1 Like

Given this covid guy a run for his money.

1 Like

Lets hope they’ve both done their worst in 2020 and by 2021 we are in a much better position

1 Like

From what I read, it was getting rid of Goonersaurus that meant we could afford Partey.
It must be true because I read it in Dinosaur Weekly and The Jurassic Gazette which are both very reliable media outlets.

1 Like

But then we have a bunch of players that we are no use of, or being a liability to the team.
We are so generous on the other hand, and not acting like we desperately need to get rid of some contracts for extra funding.

It’s not that we don’t want to get rid of these players but that we can’t, because no one wants them.
A bit like walking round Primark and seeing a bargain bin full of socks for half price.
Sometimes It doesn’t matter how cheap something is, if it’s of no use, it’s not worth having. :grinning:

1 Like

Thought we could shop around them for season loan like Gnabry?
At least we could save some salary.

It’s a bit weird how AMN has been dropped from the first 11. I like Saka but I’m not sure he’s offering anything that Niles doesn’t.

I won’t be surprised if his agent starts touting him to other clubs.

4 Likes

Saka offers more offensively but I think overall AMN is better and can be the extra man in midfield.
There’s no reason for them both not to be starting.

3 Likes