Ainsley Maitland-Niles

If he keeps performing like he has in the last two matches, he can be as weird as he wants as far as I’m concerned.

I’m really excited for him

3 Likes

LEAVE THE BIRDCATCHER ALONE !

1 Like

I just really wonder, where is the body? How? And why?

think it’s because he’s been through a lot of shit.

But he was awesome when i watched him tonight, mainly the first half. dunno about the 2nd.

1 Like

To be honest, I’m not impressed with him at all. His passing isn’t crisp enough, his dribbling often fails him, loses the ball often. I think we should ship him, as he hasn’t delivered on his potential, and likely won’t be, as he’s not that young any more.

That said, Lichsteiner is not better at this point.

2 Likes

Still a far better option than Lichtsteiner though. It isn’t case we deal well without Hector if the swiss doesn’t play.

3 Likes

Erm, he is still 21 dude. Unless some crazy side offers something upwards 30m for him I wouldn’t sell. Don’t see his future down the flanks personally, I think he can be a tremendous #8.

Really want to see a midfield trio with single pivot Torreira(#6) with AMN(#8) and Guendouzi(#8) in front of him.

1 Like

Unpredictable but zero creativity

1 Like

3 workhorse but 0 vision and creativity.

1 Like

Who is gonna create, then?

All of them? :confused:
Let’s not act like having a classic #10 is the be be all end all. One of our best performances this season was in a 442, with Torreira-Guendouzi duo at the heart of midfield.

Plus, both AMN(lately mostly) and Guendouzi have shown ambition going forward. I think they have a lot in their locker that we haven’t even seen yet.

AMN doesn’t possess nearly enough technical quality to be considered a CM role. Maybe that’s something that can be improved upon in training but I think we’re looking at him fulfilling the famed utility role within the squad. That’s still not a slight on the guy.

We need to improve our squad and although this position may not be as pressing as other areas, I really think we need to spend £30M-£50M again on another brilliant, young midfielder.

1 Like

I did not mean a #10 position is a must, but missing creative player(s) to attack is killing ourselves.

The 3 players you mentioned, did not display enough (or none) to control the tempo of the game, distributing the ball wisely, and have enough firepower (attacking attributes) to support the forwards.
I can foresee, our attack will be dire as hell, and in most games our forwards will not have enough (or any) support from midfield and having difficulties to score goal(s).

In the end, the objective of the football game, is to put the ball in the opponent’s net.

AMN is one of the most technically gifted players that have come out of our academies imo. Granted, in regard to producing technically gifted players, we are definitely not Barca by any means. :joy:
I shit on him a lot but I do think he could genuinely make it into the England team if he is established as a #8.

The midfield shouldn’t be solely responsible for creating though. If we had a better approach we wouldn’t rely so much on Rambo and Ozil to play some proper ball. It speaks volume that once they got into the side we closed in on CL football. Again, criminal whoever thought it was a good idea to free those two out.

I think he is more a physical beast than technical. His touch can be a bit Ramseyesque at times but its more than good enough for a RB/RWB. Speed, acceleration, stamina and trickery all makes a wonderful fullback imo. #Birdcatcher4Prez

1 Like

I think he is a shit FB personally, especially for the Prem. Fullbacks in this country need some urgency, this dude is too subtle for the dirty work of a full back.

I agree that, but midfielders also not solely responsible to defend.

We need attacking midfielders and we need defensive midfielders. We also need midfielders that could link up the offense and defense.

Trio of Guen/Tor/AMN is just too defensive, not enough to support the attackers…

Midfield is the most important segment on the pitch and you are proposing to rely on 3 non leaders and non creative personnel to take charge.

1 Like