Ainsley Maitland-Niles

Started off shaky but grew into the game, was bossing it at the back towards the end.

Big game.

4 Likes

BIG PERFORMANCE

Did really well. Especially in 2nd half. So many interceptions.

A bit casual in the first half, but he was massive in the second half. Fair play to him.

3 Likes

I think he is great today.
How many successful tackles and interceptions he had today?
Fuck the body language, I don’t care

3 Likes

The second half in particular he was great, really impressed with him today and it gives me a bit more comfort that he can play a role at wingback (or fullback) now.

Really don’t like the kid but have to say he grew into the game tremendously.

Got sympathy for him, in this new system we play it’s so easy to get exposed down the flanks. And this is happening to our natural full backs let alone the make shift ones.

I agree with you @Castiel @Great-White-Gooner I thought he grew into it very well after a few sloppy touches initially

1 Like

Not a player who should be anywhere near the starting 11 next season. Utility man at best

3 Likes

He has a role in the middle imo but probs as a bench option .

1 Like

Expected from the Bird catcher. Cool as a cucumber.

2 Likes

He is been used as utility man though :wink:.

1 Like

Is he injured? he was limping the last 15 minutes after every sprint or tackle. Seems he might have a future as right back even though its not his preferred position.

I feel the perception of his ability is skewed negatively as we are judging him as a RB when he is actually a midfielder.

I still don’t think he will be here in c. 18 months, and doubt he’ll get a chance in his preferred position to really change that.

Definitely wasted down the flanks. His calm style is what midfielders are made of. You need some kind of urgency to play down the flanks, especially nowadays. Still, playing youngsters there isn’t a new thing. I don’t think it’s just to accommodate others.

Kids need to learn when to be calm, slow down the tempo, keep possession of the ball, and when to clear the ball far and clear it quick.

So many times our midfielders were so reluctant to clear the ball, then lost possession and conceded.

I always thought the thing about AMN actually was that he’s really calm on the pitch. His resting heart rate must be about 40bpm

1 Like

Will be exciting to se if he can back up his beastly performance against Manure. Dude has got all the tools to be a quality RB.

1 Like

Mods, why is this language tolerated? On any other forum he’d be banned!

4 Likes

This guy weirds the shit out of me. Lad was unfazed during his post match interview and managed to show ~0 emotion. At least chuckle m’fer when Auba put you over.
Must’ve been the teachers’ favourite student sitting silent, doing his homework, etc.