AFC Bournemouth Vs Arsenal (PL)

Man of the match? Vote here :point_right: Man of the Match Thread

We won’t play this way against Spurs though, we’ll likely press them higher and quicker as we did against Liverpool and therefore will have a better performance I think. We seem to do that in big matches much more than in these ones.

Hope so because we were wank today.

I don’t think we were wank, we just weren’t good but that’s been our story this season. Being subpar but continually winning in these early stages of this era doesn’t worry me, and especially today when we’ve just had internationals and are missing top players on the pitch for various reasons.

The fact is that we don’t look good in the second half anymore. We have regressed a bit.

Just wish we could break teams attacks up instead of inviting them going the length of the field. Their goal and attack leading to last minute free kick being two instances. By no means are they the only ones either.

2 Likes

This team still needs alot of work. Just don’t like the players all that much

7 Likes

Cherry picking

Based on what though, the last couple of games? It isn’t the biggest sample size.

We had more quality but tactically they were better than us the way their high line pressed and their midfielders forced us back and the way they ran in between the lines. The space they found generally was like we were chasing shadows at times.

2 Likes

:sunglasses:

3 Likes

Nice. I don’t bet every weekend but I’ve not won any bets since 3 October. Going through a bad spell right now. So given up for a while as I’m sick of a wasting fivers and the odd tenner :joy:

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

17 unbeaten, a point off the champions league places, yet the fuckin negativity on here is truly outstanding. I’m not saying were great but fuck me, let’s get real people!

1 Like

Poll still open, who was your Man of the Match? Man of the Match Thread

Bournemouth away is a tough match. They aren’t scared to attack and always apply pressure. Despite us not playing fantastic, its a big 3 points away from home.

:chart_with_upwards_trend:

Arsenal have already won as many Premier League away games this season (four of six) as they did in the whole of the 2017-18 campaign (four of 19)

12 Likes

Lol no it doesn’t. When I talk shit on Laca he goes on like a 10 hour long goal drought :joy::joy:

1 Like

Not the greatest performance from us but certainly a welcome away win albeit lucky .
There’s no doubt that the international breaks aren’t helping our performances .
Emery needs to strengthen in January. The defence is still the worry as are two of our midfielders/attackers , namely Iwobi and Xhaka .

2 Likes

Can you get on board please fella?

We didn’t play the perfect game, Torreira was subbed off, Mustokratis are a big bunch of plonkers and despite working with a defence as bad as it is now, Emery and his stoic Spanish approach is ‘still’ churning out results. It’s all SHIT. We’re never winning the top 4 trophy again!!1

5 Likes

Clearly learnt the art of the death stare, from a certain green Dino :gunnersaurus:

3 Likes