Aaron Ramsey

Looks distracted

Heā€™s playing like shit and is dragging his heels in committing to the club. If he had signed a deal, maybe Iā€™d see it being worthwhile to play him into form, keep playing him til we find a way to make the team work for him. But I donā€™t want to invest time that into a player who isnā€™t elite anyway and isnā€™t even committed.

Sit him on the bench and let him have a good long look at himself.

10 Likes

Cant recall a single positive contribution this guy had yesterday.

In two key moments he fucked up beyond belief. He is the midfield Mustafi and to give him anything above 200k per week is disgraceful to say the least.

Miki deserves his spot know and hopefully we can move this clown to China or somewhere else.

2 Likes

Imagine we give this guy Ā£250k a week.

I will despair for the state of this club.

1 Like

Iā€™m fearful that the club might act in desperation to keep him and succumb to his wage demands. Youā€™d hope that between the various new blokes we have in charge that a stupid decision like that wonā€™t be made, but you just never know.

3 Likes

I donā€™t see whatā€™s worth fighting to keep except his market value if he leaves on a free. Realistically if we want to be competing then weā€™re most likely going to have to spend money on a player better than he is to play where he would play.

Heā€™s competing for #10 with a player weā€™ve just put on 300k so is clearly going nowhere and the only other positions youā€™d shove him we need to buy for anyway.

Would be nice if someone would take him off of our hands in Jan for some sort of feeā€¦ heard AC Milan is sniffing around - 10-15 million maybe? Better than nothing at the end of the season if we donā€™t have any intention or ability to keep him at this point.

Iā€™d be happy for Ivan to put him on Ā£200k a week in that case :wenger:

2 Likes

Yeah but I think the ship has sailed on us keeping himā€¦ he is now going to hold out for money and/or better situation and donā€™t see that he has any particular affinity for stayingā€¦ we screwed it up a year plus ago when we should have stuck or twist with himā€¦ he is one of the few players of talent that we arenā€™t going to rely on long-term (it seems) that could fetch a fee and we screwed the pooch.

1 Like

We should let him go for a pittance and replace, the club have handled this whole situation very poorly.

I donā€™t blame him at all for running down his deal and attempting to strong arm but we shouldnā€™t be taking it at all.

3 Likes

Letā€™s hope the new management realises this, I have a strong feeling theyā€™ll cave

Or they actually see him as a fundamental building block, which I obviously think he isnā€™t, and are because of that prepared to make a (financial) sacrifice and cave in for a big contract.

I thought we were on the upā€¦ donā€™t drag our name through the dirt like this.

1 Like

:giroud:

But he would probably make your team better though, Arsenal on the other hand surplus to requirements :henry2: :giroud:

I really struggle to see what he brings to the team anymore.

2 Likes

Flicks, heavy touches, misplaced passes and hopeful longshots. What more can you ask for in a player really.

2 Likes

It honestly doesnā€™t even matter - I think both parties have resigned themselves to separation and that is probably fine. I am one of the few that think he is more than useless atm, especially with the state of our overall squad, but I think the only kind of position that he helps us in is one that we canā€™t afford in our existing set up especially with a player like Ozil as well (who is superior) and probably isnā€™t a fit any more.

If he wasnā€™t so stubborn about getting goals, he would have made an excellent B2B midfielder like he did with Arteta before his goalfest season.
That season spoiled him and made him goal oriented while his focus should have been to become more rounded of a midfielder.

We severely need a midfielder and here we have a player capable of playing that position well but he canā€™t get his head out of his arse.

thought heā€™d at least be playing for a big new contract or transfer.

1 Like