Aaron Ramsey

This

1 Like

Lol this was the ‘signing news’ they had for us.

Such wankers.

1 Like

And Lampard was one of the best ever in that role and amazingly consistent… Ramsey is no Lampard, but he had an insanely good half/full season and has had various moments of being quite good.

I think he ended up falling prey to hype and/or mismanagement and is a bit of a “not quite this,” and “not quite that” player - but his instincts to get into the box and other dangerous positions on attack is really top notch for me… with his running and energy, he also offers a lot - problem is you can’t count on him - his strength in a way (unpredictability) is also his weakness depending on how he is deployed.

In the end, we should have capitalized better on a flawed but talented player, selling last year or early this summer, telling him “in or out, we need to plan ahead” and we certainly could have gotten some value for him imho… now we get nothing and it is hard to want to invest a ton in a player you know is leaving at the end of the year.

2 Likes

What did you expect haha.

It wasn’t gonna be Ramsey contract news from his small time agency announcing it before the club

2 Likes

He can only play in a pensioners league like yours, tbh.

Sums up everything.
I won’t forget his FA Cup final game winning goal though.

The first response that I saw to the first “big news” tweet yesterday was someone saying something like “please don’t tease us and then end up telling us that Kenny Miller has signed a one year deal somewhere nobody cares about” :arteta:

I thought I was taking the piss about Hal Robson-Kanu but that really would have been big news compared to this :poldi:

edit: here’s the fella

2 Likes

You’ve just upset his fan in Dundee.
I just hope he doesn’t read this forum :grinning:

Yeah it looks like it’s right mid or nothing for this lad.

Not enough creative quality on the ball.

Boy really getting over the Alexis period and slowly breaking out of his shell. Another great performance, just like with West Ham. His combinations with forwards put defences in pause mode.
Really hope he signs a new contract.

What did he do?

Horrible performance imo. He can forget about ÂŁ225k.

If we give him even ÂŁ160k then we deserve all the poverty that we will get then anyways.

1 Like

rather inconsistent Mkhitaryan is played over inconsistent Ramsey.

Ozil, Rambo, Auba and Laca pulled out some fantastic combos between them. Their chemistry is great. Ramsey was solid on the ball, always looking to create something. In the first half he set it up twice to Auba that just had to use his pace, lose his opponent and get right in a goalscoring situation but Auba’s control wasn’t that good.
Plus, I loved his work rate. Up and down, till the last minute. Old school B2B Rambo.

He was very average.

Xhaka Torreria Özil should be our midfield

Your opinion.
As I said though, I loved him the past 2 games.

WTF

2 Likes

We have no one else still want to see him start with Torreria

1 Like

why not Guen with Torreria??

Because I want to see if Xhaka is still poor with our best midfielder besides him

1 Like