Aaron Ramsey

Barella!

If someone disputes whether or not heā€™s a legend, I donā€™t disagree, itā€™s all about opinions. But to call him ā€œmediocreā€ is just an absolute joke. I wonder why Juventus, PSG and Bayern were the kind of clubs vying for his signature?

I donā€™t disagree that he can be a poor player to have in the side if his output isnā€™t making up for his vacating of the midfield area, but at many times it has. Youā€™ve listed his biggest flaw but not his strengths, and thatā€™s a completely one sided argument.

The fact of the matter is that he broke his leg with us, came back from it through shocking abuse from the fans (I gather you were probably one of them), and won us two of those FA Cups. Heā€™s given us the best moments weā€™ve had as Arsenal fans in our recent history, and heā€™s now the top scoring midfielder ever for the club.

If thatā€™s ā€œmediocreā€, I canā€™t wait until we find someone whoā€™s half decent in your books.

9 Likes

Ramsey is so blah. Those above mentioned teams are interested in him because they are in non competitive leagues where they could use a guy like Ramsey to log minutes. Bet he wonā€™t feature prominently in their CL campaign, maybe group stages.

He is such a weird player. He will bang home a backheel scorpion 180 degree no look shot in one moment And fail to control a simple groundpass rightafter.

2 Likes

Heā€™s what we call a cherry picker over here in the states, that guy on ur team when ur playing basketball who just stands at the other end and doesnā€™t help the team, but is wide open when u get the ball.

3 Likes

He was a decent player but even Wenger didnā€™t pick him regularly to start games, which considering our lack of quality, is quite telling.

He did score a lot of goals but then he also did have a lot of shots, which invariably failed to hit the target.

I think other clubs were interested in him because he is experienced at the highest level, he is hard working, but most importantly he was free.

I have no problem with him leaving, apart from us not getting a transfer fee, because he is replaceable hopefully with a player that wonā€™t be demanding a quarter of a million pound a week for their services.

1 Like

His average position on the pitch was quite high after 13/14 meaning he didnā€™t defend or engage in the build up play hurting our overall game.

Heā€™s a very uninspiring player and I certainly wonā€™t miss his goofy grins after fluffing decent chances.

7 Likes

If theyā€™re really giving this scrub Ā£300k a week then Juve have officially lost it. From giving CR7 a 4 year deal at ā‚¬31m a year and Can a ā‚¬5m a year contract to giving Ramsey Ā£300k a week theyā€™re just pissing money away now.

1 Like

Heā€™ll flourish in Allegriā€™s 3 man midfield. End product machine.

2 Likes

The amount of disrespect for Ramsey makes me laugh at times.

5 Likes

You forget that he is probably not getting any sign-on bonus instead and they probably bumped his salary instead, also they probably have some pay-as-you-play parameter since they rotate fairly much for a top side and he has an injury record, and he is in a prime age with a fair resale value back to England in a 3 years time.

He could do well there, slightly slower pace might suit him, he covers a lot of ground without the ball which nicely frees up space for others do do the type movement Allegri wants, not to mention that Ronaldo lacks nowadays.

1 Like

Having a look Iā€™ve seen lower figures quoted but not recently. And if this is 300k it would include any signing on fees and agent fees. Iā€™m certainly glad we let him go if thatā€™s what he was holding out for. The injuries and the inconsistency have been issues and this 18 months is him playing for a new contract. Is he going to maintain that level once he has it? Alexis Sanchez never did

I remember Wenger saying years ago that eventually transfer fees would disapear and itā€™d just be wages and more and more players are playing this game. I think Pogba and De Gea still havenā€™t signed. Sterling eventually signed for 300k. Weā€™re paying Kolasinac 120k because he was free.

And when thereā€™s no fee just ask how much would Ramsey fetch? 40m has to be the start.

His end product is good but isnā€™t Dele Alli levels is it? And heā€™s injured half the time.

We should play him into the ground over the next 6 months. Leave Juve a crocked worn out Ramsey

Yeah we were never ever going to pay him the sort of wages that have been reported today and nor was or has he ever been worth that, as much as I wanted him to stay. Good luck to him.

Just out of curiosity, who owns Juve and how are they funding all these huge salaries? I mean they have a pittance in TV revenue compared to the PL.

Really? For someone who seemingly thinks everything at Arsenal is shit Iā€™m surprised you gloss over Ramseyā€™s constant shitness.

10 Likes

They still earn over ā‚¬100m a year in Serie A TV rights which puts them roughly 11th or 12th (to my recollection) globally. Plus I think they earn more than most clubs in terms of money generated from CL revenue.

Then they are owned by Exor I believe who have serious money behind them.

Makes sense I guess. Quality player leaving Europa club for a top 5 European juggernaut.

3 Likes

Yeah Alliā€™s end product is exceptional but heā€™s more of a second striker/#10 imo, Ramsey has more midfield capabilities which heā€™ll display under Allegri.

1 Like

From the wing most likely