Aaron Ramsey

Maybe this belongs here: https://www.goal.com/en-us/amp/news/tony-pulis-hatred-of-arsene-wenger-was-partly-responsible/1kqw09gooc17n17xcpi8t1rvwy

What a nutter, that Tony Pullis guy is. And to think that he’s suffered no repercussions for his actions …

Big big mistake letting this boyo go. Big.

2 Likes

Mistake? The offer was on the table. He didn’t think it was enough. Fair enough. But Arsenal shouldn’t break the bank for him.

1 Like

We’d like him to stay but unfortunately he is asking too much

On this performance would like him to stay over Özil as he doesn’t have a place in this Emery team tbh

1 Like

Great performance in the NLD, will never forget.

That’s our good Ramsey performance out of the way. I fully expect a shower of shit from him over the next month or two before he pops up with a goal or two.

6 Likes

Brilliant second half by Ramsey, massive reason as to why we won the game.

1 Like

Good performance? He’s been making impact appearances, assist and scored some good goals all season.

But like I said, it’s the in thing to hate on him :+1:

2 Likes

Ramsey has often been a big game player. Today was no different.

Anyway, things can always change.

Ramsey produces considerably more poor performances than he does good ones. Moving him on remains the right decision. If we give this guy a big 200k a week contract we’re shooting ourselves in the foot.

4 Likes

I don’t see how. He seems to have flourished under Emery and he’s playing even better, I’d say. Whether that’s only because he’s putting himself in the shop window, I’m not too sure.

I was always under the impression that there are still more twists and turns to the Ramsey contract situation and I’m going to stick to that. Either the club will reward him for his performances or he’ll change his demands in order to stay.

I’d like him to stay. There is clearly a ruthlessness to Emery (cough Ozil cough) that Ramsey would flourish under and become an even more complete player

1 Like

Well with the amount of shite Cole and Adebayor got for being money hungry it would only be logical if Ramsey got the same treatment.

He did play well today. I’m not a big fan but he is a direct player, made sense to bring him on when down at half.

2 Likes

:thinking: Just spitballing here. But is it possible that given Ozil’s not-so-mysterious absences recently it’s become pretty clear that Emery doesn’t think he fits into the Big Picture?

If the club quietly start looking for a buying in January who would be interested in Ozil, is there a chance Arsenal and Ramsey’s people reestablish contact about an extension?

If that is the case, I wouldn’t be against the idea.

No would take Ozil on a free, I doubt any club would use funds to sign him now.

He’s staying here regardless

1 Like

We don’t necessarily know that. What we do know is that nobody wanted to take him on a free at his preferred salary. There’s a difference.

Ramsey’s Instagram…

Dier’s has a day to forget today :grin:

8 Likes

This is thin. I’m sure if a top club really wanted him, wages would be one of the last issues getting in the way of that especially on a bosman deal.

His market as a potential free agent was ice cold and it would be identical in Jan

2 Likes