Aaron Ramsey

It’s really not that serious.

Perhaps he doesn’t even have to be a bona fide “legend” to be up there, the contribution he’s made to the recent success of the club is enough.

1 Like

For a club which doesn’t churn out legends on regular basis, Its fine to use Ramsey as a placeholder for a little time.
In grand scheme, he won’t be remembered bar statistics.

1 Like

Hull did not get relegated that season tbf. The other goal came against that seasons League Champions, just for accuracy sake.

2 Likes

IMO, it is not a statue outside of the stadium… not a big deal at all.
He is not a legend for me, but he stays long enough to be recognized. That’s it.

1 Like

If we would have won the League in 07/08 or 15/16 we might look very differently towards Fabregas, van Persie, Koscielny, Ozil etc. In that regard Jakey has a really good point that legends are often made by (League) titles.

1 Like

I would say post-Henry that Fabregas is by a long way the best player we’ve had.

How he’s viewed by Arsenal fans these days, I find it completely bizarre, like all those good years just didn’t happen and he’s always been this lazy player that Chelsea have.

8 Likes

Yeah I think some people often forget that Fabregas was legitimately at one point one of the best players in the world. Certainly in that top tier bracket of players anyway. He was an immensely talented player and the fact his legs have gone often cloud just how good this guy was.

5 Likes

I loved him so much - nearly on par with Henry, Bergy, and Freddie… such a wonderful, intelligent player.

2 Likes

Better than Freddie that goes without saying though

Yeah of course but Freddie is Swedish :gunnersaurus:

2 Likes

Fabregas really fucked it.

Like SCRJJ said, he was genuinely one of the best players in the world at one point but no one will ever remember him as that.

He left Arsenal when we needed him the most, he was a second class citizen at Barcelona living in Xavi and Iniesta’s shadow and by the time he joined Chelsea he was past it physically and while he made a tangible contribution it wasn’t quite enough to cement him as a chelsea legend or hero, especially not the way he dropped off immediately after that first season.

5 Likes

He nearly broke the assist record in 14/15 haha and was a big reason they won the league. Anything but past it!

Yeah but like I say later in my post he really dropped off after that season and now he’s a 3rd/4th choice Cm for Chelsea and I doubt you’ll find any Chelsea fans that will say he was one of the worlds best players or a Chelsea legend

Is it right too blame him for leaving and hold that against him in regards to his Arsenal past? At the end of the day he can’t win titles on his own. I feel like these players catch a little bit too much of the blame in these type of cases, We should expect unlimited loyalty because we poached him from Barcelona (I think somebody with this talent would have made it regardless)? Leaving got him exactly what he wanted; three League titles.

4 Likes

Don’t let our pain delusion the facts. Fabregas despite leaving IS one of the best midfielders to ever lace his boots in England.
I do agree that he left with a sour taste from Barca BUT if we are realistic, Cesc carried their asses a lot during his time there but it’s overlooked. Man covered every position for them, even casually used as a False 9.

3 Likes

Arsenal legends including David Rocastle and Thierry Henry are amongst 20 players pictured on the new installation, which features some of the most iconic goals and celebrations from the past 50 years.

2 Likes

Where’s the scorpion king then? :scorpion:

That was a legendary goal, not an iconic one. :nerd_face:

1 Like

Hahaha starting in EL midweek along the likes of Willock. Just where this shitter belongs.

4 Likes

But I thought it was called “THE WALL OF LEGENDS AND VERY BEST PLAYERS TO WEAR THE SHIRT, YES THAT INCLUDES RAMSEY THE GOD”

1 Like