Aaron Ramsey

Pavon in January??? :giroud3:

good possibility has been rumoured we have got him, but has quitened down quite a bit so dunno.

At the end of the day we spent 5m quid on him and probably another 25/30 in wages in ten years.

We got 350 games and 60 goals including 2 cup final winners out of him.

Itā€™s not ideal that he leaves for free but fuck it, heā€™s ultimately been incredibly good value for money all round.

12 Likes

Good point.

In any case though, I hope this is the last of these run the contract down peeps.

We need to start getting huge sums for our players

3 Likes

None of our players stay long enough to have testimonials anymore. Shame that.

Never fear. This man has us covered

1 Like

Some of the players that do stay long enough donā€™t deserve a testimonial, like Walcott and Ramsey.
Jenkinson must be pretty high on the list and he doesnā€™t deserve one either, :grinning:
Although Kos definitely does.

1 Like

Arsenal will now have to think about which player should be signed as Ramsey replacement!

1 Like

I hope Arsenal choose to replace Ramsey with a central midfielder. Iā€™d be happy if we brought in a younger midfielder like Barella and maybe an older head like Banega.

Yeah, Barella would be a good replacement.

Emile Smith-Rowe

1 Like

Yes he could be a potential replacement.

The only chance we have of getting a fee is if there are at least 2 clubs after him, and one of them acts protectively / desperately to secure him in January.

I think heā€™ll walk for free in the summer but you never know. Crazy shit happens in January sometimes.

What if Ramsey has vastly overestimated his market demand? If Liverpool donā€™t want him and he doesnā€™t want Spurs, would he go to Chelsea? United?

Maybe he goes to Chelsea as a replacement for Hazard? I canā€™t picture him enjoying life at United and City already have too many midfielders.

Out of all the British core that have left Rambo is easily the one Iā€™ll miss the most, 3 seasons scoring 10+ goals in all competitions, including 2 winners in the Cup finals. He was also probably the 2nd best player in the league in the 13/14 season behind Suarez.

I was watching the game against Stoke on that Saturday evening in Cardiff when he got that awful leg break, the mood in the pub at that time was rather grim and something Iā€™ll never forget, I think his recovery from such a horrific injury at such a young age has been rather special.

1 Like

Ramsey should have signed one of the contracts. I dont believe deep down he actually wants to leave. No one else is going to give him 300k. His agents must have been blowing serious smoke up his arse.

The only thing a club can do in this instance, which u hardly ever see them do, is make the shit head rot in the reserves. If Arsenal were smart theyā€™d have offered him a contract they deemed as fair and set a date. July 15th, if u donā€™t sign by that point ur getting transfer listed. If we canā€™t sell you within that 4 week period, you will play with the reserves and watch ur value drop like a rock. Say goodbye to any big contract you thought you were gonna get.

1 Like

Would be a great move for him

1 Like