Aaron Ramsey

No point in keeping him, with just 6 months left on his contract.

Salami cumā€¦Hawkins bazaarā€¦

Falafel be with you.

(Its all about speaking the lingo Roddersā€¦)

1 Like

I do like falafel though. Should really include it more in my diet instead of the traditional kebap.

1 Like

While he is with us, he can still help us win games.

Until he is sold, we should use him

1 Like

Your just like Bellerin :henry2:

them insults :gabriel:

Buying clubs will have us over a barrel in January. But itā€™s nothing at all like the Ozil situation where the thought of him in a United / Chelsea / [insert rival here] shirt made me want to vomit my guts out.

Even if itā€™s a paltry sum of Ā£10m, we should just take it and get rid of him. The whole squad is still getting to grips with the new coaching / system etc. and itā€™s simply not worth investing valuable minutes into a player that isnā€™t going to be around for much longer.

Will also stop Emery from shoe-horning him into the team at the expense of our overall balance.

8 Likes

Gotta love his mouthy agency :eyes:

The ruthlessness!! :heart_eyes:

That tweet says to me he wanted to stay and be paid way more than he is worth and the club werenā€™t interested in bending over for him.

A decision Iā€™m very happy with. Our wage bill needs to come down and giving this joker an extra Ā£150k a week is essentially limiting the scale of our investment next summer.

11 Likes

Well there is an option to not overvalue yourself and take the best deal on the table.
No way any club is gonna give him 200-250k

Sorry I just donā€™t see Ramsey been a big loss to us on the field. Sure it sucks that we didnā€™t sell him in the summer and got a decent fee for him. But no way is he worth those wages heā€™s asking for. If he kept up the form he had in 2013-14 season when he was fantastic and scoring loads of goals then yes he would be. But letā€™s be honest, would he have stayed with us if he was performing like that for every season since. He would have jumped ship ages ago to a Real or Barca or a big European team.

Heā€™s alwayā€™s be a player thatā€™s been hit and miss for me, he do something amazing in one game and then fanā€™s would jerk off to it and he do nothing else for months. It sounds like Emery and co donā€™t rate him as much as some fanā€™s. He seems like a nice guy, has given 10 years to the club, and scored two goals in two FA Cup Finals. He want get booed by me or hated on. Iā€™m sure he get a few top clubs going for him in the PL cause he be cheap but I doubt he break into any of their first 11ā€™s imo.

4 Likes

His agency has basically confirmed heā€™s leaving.

1 Like

Hasnt worked out the way it should have for him hereā€¦ I do think he will get a top club here and will show more than he has at Arsenal.
Think its the right time for both parties too move on though. Just hope he doesnt go to Liverpool because I think hed thrive there and score a lot of goals in that system.

Do you think he get into their team Stroller? I doubt it seen as Keita and Fabinho canā€™t get sniff in right now, with OX about to come back soon too. I wouldnā€™t be surprised if a big PL come in for him, just cause they can get him on the cheap but those Wages I doubt Liverpool will touch him.

2 Likes

I think he is already at the biggest club he will ever be atā€¦He is nowhere near as good as he thinks he is, in fact, only place I can see him going in the PL is Spurs, or a mid table club, ie Everton, Watford etcā€¦

Sooner heā€™s gone, the betterā€¦

3 Likes

Nah a top club will take him especially on a free, Ramsey can be very good in the right system.

Letā€™s not act likes heā€™s a jobber.

5 Likes

I cannot think of one of the top clubs who needs himā€¦Apart from Spurs.
He wouldnā€™t get anywhere near Pools or Citys midfield, Utd already have slow midfielders, only leaves Spursā€¦or below.

Itā€™s not always about need though is it? United have Pogba who is vastly overrated perhaps out the door, Matic, Mctominay, Herrera (seemingly about to leave on a free) and the likes of Fellaini. They couldnā€™t use him for example?

Chelsea have loaned Kovacic with no buy clause and clearly arenā€™t too invested in Barkley, RLC and the like.

If all of those leave, then maybe, but I think Utd need bigger and better than Ramseyā€¦ā€¦
Chelsea will still have Kante and Jorghinoā€¦ā€¦

Chelsea play a three in midfield and Kovacic is likely only there a year.

Barkey, RLC and Drinkwater arenā€™t making that third spot their own.

Ramsey could be very useful at a top club thatā€™s for sure.

1 Like