Aaron Ramsdale (1)

That save against the deflected Moura shot…fucking hell that was special. His explosive reaction after was also fantastic - he was not happy about how we didn’t do more to stop the shot. That personality is hugely important. Even though he’s young, he is so authoritative and commanding.

Won’t blame him for the goal we conceded. The chance was one that you expect Son to score 9/10 if it’s on target. He put his foot through it giving Ramsdale literally no reaction time. The defence wasn’t properly set either as it came about from a lucky deflection and the Arsenal player rushing to close down leaving the man free behind.

The way he had his head in his hands after conceding was also great to see. It really, really hurt him to lose the clean sheet. His attitude all round is so infectious.

Leno has shown himself to be a great shot stopper, but he’s never demonstrated that level of command and vocalness. Ramsdale has really transformed us with his ability to play accurate, longer balls too.

I was against this signing at the price we paid, but I’ll happily take the L on this one. Arteta desperately wanted him and staked so much on this transfer. Deserves big credit the way things are now going.

5 Likes

It’s been a handful of games mate, nobody needs to be taking either Ls or Ws just yet haha. That’s the mentality that led to people bragging about being right about Willian after one game against Fulham.

Incredibly small sample sizes for all signings so far, more time is required to evaluate.

1 Like

We dont need to give Leno an L seeing as he already has one in his name

4 Likes

Safe hands meets David Seaman

11 Likes

Seaman’s head is gigantic. :arrow_up:

9 Likes

Ramsdale is going to take the England’s no1 jersey . This lad is quality, a good professional and understands what the badge means on the shirt . Absolutely loving this lads attitude.

12 Likes

If you like him so much why wish such a terrible affliction on the lad

11 Likes

That’s true !
:+1:t2:

3 Likes

He’s been named in the England squad

1 Like

Pickford in the mud

There’s hardly any competition for that #1 spot. If he carries on at this rate then he’ll be the starting GK at the next WC.

Tbf that’s just as much a reflection of his own ability as it is the dearth of quality England have in that position

1 Like

Yeah, I mean the other two goalkeepers in the squad are Sam Johnstone and Pickford. Pope and Henderson were the two in contention before, but they’ve fallen down the pecking order. Either way, hardly an elite list of shot stoppers, so wouldn’t really take much for Ramsdale to get that no1 spot.

Pope looked like such a talent, what happened to him?

He’s been off his game. Though, he did have a knee operation over the summer to be fair.

1 Like

Talk of Ramsdale being the #1 keeper for England is premature, the fact is despite being an average player Pickford plays out of his skin for England and continues to come up with the goods in major tournaments.

Considering his performances it won’t be easy to displace him at all.

1 Like

Where is the love for this guy

6 Likes

Yeah kept it from becoming a loss.

Almost gifted them a goal but other than that he was good yet again.

I’m happy to be having egg on my face with each passing game .

2 Likes

We need his passion in hard matches like this without doubt. Very likeable and doing well so far.

Had some shaky moments today but also some really good moments at the end and that strong hand prevented us from leaving with nothing.

1 Like