Aaron Ramsdale (1)

Who was eager to see him fail?

Being cautious over signing him shouldn’t be conflated with wanting him to flop

1 Like

I think the main concern from everyone was buying a keeper and not signing any midfielders or forwards. But we signed odegaard.

Not actually wanting ramsdale to flop.

1 Like

Respectable performance from him today.

I’d like to know too. Being unconvinced is not the same as wanting failure.

1 Like

I mean this thread isn’t that old, no need to speculate on what was said and what wasn’t just take a quick browse through the old comments and you can see the overwhelming negativity in nearly every other post.

Huge overaction and a ton of bitching for nothing.

Kid looks good, he’ll have his ups and downs but this was never the end of the world signing like people wanted to make it out to be.

I think what @SRCJJ means is moreso people wanting to be proved right in his failure rather than actively wanting to see him fail. Slight distinction but an important one.

2 Likes

He said eager to see him fail, that sounds like actively wanting it to me.

1 Like

At the moment on here it genuinely feels like people prioritize the need to be right over the club’s success. Interpret it how you want but it’s a prevalent and consistent theme.

5 Likes

Yeah fuck those idiots who were abusing him just because he signed a contract with us. I’m rooting for the kid. He’s a true Gunner.

As far as his play today, I’ll argue he was our motm. We always concede to the physically bigger sides who just lump balls into the box. Aaron claimed everything today, really pleased with his presence in the box. That’s the thing Leno really lacks in his game.

4 Likes

This guy is brilliant. Early days - but his distribution and control of his back 4 is excellent. Much better than Leno so far.

1 Like

I love his personality first of all… We haven’t had something like this since Seaman probably. A very calm but confident presence at the back.

Still early to judge him properly, hasn’t been truly tested yet, but very very positive early signs. He’s yet to show a clear weakness in his game. Not just a shot stopper as some reports suggested, very good positioning and reading of the game so far. :+1:

1 Like

X2 sign me up on that one. So far anyway.

Ramsdale was worth one Ramsdale today

7 Likes

Commands his area pretty well and is good on the ball. Hasn’t put a foot wrong to this point.

1 Like

Well he certainly isn’t a striker :pepe1:

Quickly scrolled through

Just saw alot of why we spending so much on a backup keeper.

The eager to fail comment was to farm likes, because I can’t see anyone who would think that. And if it’s about negativity, then the eager to fail poster was one of the eager to fail people. Because he has alot of negativity at the start of the thread.

negativity in relation to, at the time, who we had signed who we were being linked with and the price tag. Which is normal in a transfer thread after finishing 8th and not scoring much.

Heard he dominated the box and did well which is what we miss from martinez. So happy for that.

2 Likes

He did fuck up once in the first half when Wood pressed him no?

The outrage was on Ramsdale’s social media platforms. He was getting Xhaka level hate just because he signed a contract with us. Poor kid had to disable the comments on his Instagram from all the hate he was getting.

6 Likes

Yep this is precisely what I meant. We’re all guilty of it to an extent, wanting to be proven right at times.

I was against the Ramsdale signing when it was first announced and thought it was an awful idea. My stance clearly softened as time passed and you got a better idea of how fans viewed him. My experience with watching Ramsdale was minimal so what I did know is that he was deemed awful by people who watched him regularly.

The moment he signed I even remember making a post about wanting him to succeed and giving him my full backing.

I’m never the type of poster to double down on something when he’s wrong and opinions change rapidly in a game like football. One thing is for sure, people are baying for blood with White and Ramsdale and are eager to point out every last mistake (White more so) in order to prove they were right that he wasn’t worth £50m

5 Likes

It’s not too bad here. Arsenal Mania is chock full of “I told ya so” BS where it is dominated by peacocking posters trying to make it more about themselves than Arsenal. I’ve not encountered too much of it here.

1 Like

OA has always been leaps and bounds above AM in terms of functionality and quality of discussion, you honestly couldn’t even compare the two.

Have to say the gap is still there but not as broad as it used to be in regard to discussion.

2 Likes

Good little keeper ladies and gentlemen
Trust uncle Ash

11 Likes