Aaron Ramsdale (1)

Went past him man better than our attackers at one point.

1 Like

Literally fuck all. Norwich squandered their chances.

2 Likes

What about passing and distribution? Also command of the box? Leno often has little to do also but still ends up noticeably shaky with these aspects which can transmit nerves to others on the pitch also.

He looked confident at coming off his line to cut out passes and solid on the ball. Canā€™t judge him regrading saves as he didnā€™t have much to do.

7 Likes

He is mad good on the ball. Both feet. Can go short and long. Have to be honest him coming from a brexit team i feared he would be like a fridge with the ball.

3 Likes

Him sending Pukki back to Finland put a smile on my face

Why was Leno dropped?

Because heā€™s shite

5 Likes

Ramsdale is better than Martinez and he is not a crybaby either.

7 Likes

Yeah.

Big Emi is cancelled the covid rule breaker

I know Calum is joking but itā€™s hard to tell because he changes his mind about players so quickly :slight_smile: heā€™s known for it

2 Likes

Why people were obsessed with Martinez Iā€™ll never know, itā€™s like being obsessed with Fabianski.

3 Likes

I hope he plays against Burnley, because that should be more of a test for the lad.

Martinez rode a hot hand all the way to a trophy at a time when we looked like we were in deep shit with Lenoā€™s injury. He didnā€™t make any big mistakes during that run and followed it up with a solid league season for Villa and a great Copa.

Contrast that with how indifferent Lenoā€™s form was last year, the Runnarson debacle and spending a huge chunk of the budget on a guy whose claim to fame is back to back relegations and itā€™s easy to point to Martinez as a symbol of the clubā€™s awful management.

1 Like

Except no one would be obsessed with Fabianski.

Remember Ramsdale is called Rambo ā€¦
So Whatā€™s the verdict, how did Rambo play against Norwich ?

Remember he was not relegated with AFC Wimbledon and Rambo is considered God like by AFC Wimbledon Fans .
He singularly kept them in Div 1

They are the only team he wasnā€™t relegated with. :grinning:

2 Likes

Was he relegated with Chesterfield ?

Great Goal Keeper, I said on here Arteta will play Rambo when he signed
Seamanesque but goal keeper is least of Arsenal problems ā€¦He will be Arsenal No1 for many years ā€¦

At least he will prevent Arsenal from being relegated ā€¦

Has passion which is what is missing ā€¦

1 Like

Based on a tiny sample size so far I prefer him much more than Leno.

Much more commanding in his box and better with the ball at his feet. Leno is a good shot stopper but just doesnā€™t fit the style of football Arteta is trying to get them to play.

Makes the decision to sell Martinez and keep Leno all the more bizarre.

Will be interested to see how this plays out though and whether Iā€™ll change my mind.

1 Like