Aaron Ramsdale (1)

This is such a weird shortlist of big money keepers :joy:

$RAM up 50% on the day.

3 Likes

Definitely a case of me keeping feelings of fury tightly under wraps until this gets confirmed and I feel justified letting rip with a stream of invective aimed at the people running our club.

4 Likes

Arsenal are lining up a Ā£30m bid for Aaron Ramsdale

11 Likes

This is one of those bizarre cases where I donā€™t think Iā€™ve heard anyone say a good word about this deal.

Does he have some amazing stats for playing out from the back or somethingā€™s per 90 that could convince anyone this had a point?

1 Like

Whatā€™s really crazy is this exactly the type of deal you delegate to a January window. You assume Leno is going to be here for the season, someone like Mat Ryan would have been perfect for another year.

Itā€™s not so much the player that annoys me as it is the timing when we need to put money towards more important areas. The Tammy deal is similar too while we have Auba/Laca and two young strikers on the books. Weird priorities

1 Like

His p90 gotta be straight up garbage

This is one of the most baffling links in a very long time

If we do get him it means that, within two seasons, we will have gone from Leno and Martinez to Ramsdale and Runnarsen and paid around 10m for the privilege.

Whoever is in charge of our transfers can they please reveal themselves to everyone as the spurs supporter we all know you are.

1 Like

Well it wonā€™t because Leno is still here :man_shrugging:

I meant after this season or if Ramsdale is replacing Leno, which I presumed he would be.

This is just frightening tbh. Itā€™s got more red flags than a may day parade in Beijing.
Total waste of money and waste of needed investment in other areas.

5 Likes

Why are we obsessed with this guy ffs. Probs the worst keeper in the league the past two seasons and would you believe it he was relegated in both of them seasons

3 Likes

Thereā€™s enough in the present to shit upon donā€™t you think. :slight_smile:

1 Like

We clearly have money to spend, it just seems that Edu/Arteta are prepared to waste it on exgareeted fees and absolute garbage.

Letā€™s face it the signings weā€™ve made are not of a team that is looking to get back into the Champions Leaue next season.

2 Likes

Arsenal was so bad last season that it made our fans watch Sheffieldā€™s dull football on a weekly basis. :rofl:

1 Like

Is there actually anyone who thinks signing Ramsdale for Ā£30m is a good idea?

2 Likes

Trusting the folk who signed Runarsson. Yep weā€™re screwed here.

2 Likes

Put it in the Saliba investigation now.

2 Likes

No, apart from anyone involved with Sheffield United or spurs.

2 Likes

Iā€™m sure people holding Ramsdales in the crypto market like the deal.

This is so stupid. Just spitballing here but how many more Ramsdales would it take to sign Leeds keeper for example? 1.2 Ramsdales? Isnā€™t that a better use of the cash?

1 Like