Aaron Ramsdale (1)

1 Like
1 Like

As soon as I saw him coming out I knew they were gonna score or get a penalty.
What the fuck is this.

3 Likes

Please explain your issue here?

1 Like

In real time it looked a little flappy. Iā€™m sure he thought he had it covered.

His exit wasnā€™t good. Timing was off and Iā€™m not sure what heā€™s doing with his hands there. Is that a basketball dunk?
Is he trying to catch it? He was too far away for that. Is he trying to block a cross? Then just raise your hands.
Pretty positive he touched the ball, had he raised his hands I think he may have actually blocked it.

Made some great saves recently and was very good in the first half but sometimes he really overcomplicates stuff.

Yea sorry but youā€™re taking one frame from a 15 second sequence and attaching a lot of meaning to it. Do you think he is at fault for the goal here? If so is it entirely or a small amount?

Heā€™s doing goalkeeper 101 here, trying to make himself big when there really isnā€™t many other options available to him.

1 Like

I donā€™t think he did though. He went for some weird dive to slap the ball away.

If he goes starfish itā€™s an easy pass through the legs there though

Legs were fine, itā€™s the hands for me. Genuinely not sure what he was going for.

This gif is terrible but heā€™s a tiny amount of time to react hereā€¦heā€™s stretching, once heā€™s made the decision to come wtf else.is he supposed to do?

1 Like

Goddamn it looks worse the more I watch it back.

Do you have the replay by any chance?

I think he made the right call as he can see no defender getting to norgaard.

If he blocks it we all say woohoo great keeping well done. Was a good pullback from the offside cunt.

1 Like

My issue was not his technique, it was him coming out in the first place. I donā€™t see any way heā€™s scoring from that position/angle, and if thatā€™s the case I think you have to stay back as a GK unless youā€™re sure youā€™re getting there first.

I think someone needs to give him a kick up the arse, with the defence unsure in front of him he seems to be fucking about almost inviting pressure. I donā€™t feel that confident in him at the moment the way he passes the ball about.

Seems very keen to come rushing out of his goal of a sudden too

Goals have gone in where he has come for the ball from crosses or balls through and doesnt make it.

He gets a pass for last night as he had no real choice but to close the space after that hospital ball from Tomi. He made two very good saves.

2 Likes

Noticeable Ederson went long a few times last night in the first half.
Still a place for this in the game, especially when your not passing well at the back.
Just mix it up now and then. Can pick a pass Ramsdale.

2 Likes

I thought it was their only out ball which spoke to how well Jorginho helped control the midfield. I donā€™t even think Haaland got the better of the CBs until after the offsides goal.