2022 World Cup

2 Likes

If they cared that much why did they not pull out the tournament?

Top is smart tho.

7 Likes

Load of bollocks. They are making money on Denmark shirts participation in the Qatar world cup.

11 Likes

Yeah all these empty protests from sponsors teams and players are just bollocks, they should all just follow the lead of the Irish and the Italians and just not turn up for the world cup.

9 Likes

Yeah it’s just an easy PR stunt for some nice value signalling.

I hate us playing in black, it’s so weird.

Quite a lot of people in Denmark wanted us to boycott the WC though, including a lot of my friends. I think quite a lot of people are intending to boycott it as well which is admirable.

I know I won’t be able too but fair play to those who do.

4 Likes

Just looks like it’s been through a bad wash with the badges. Think it’d be a cool shirt otherwise.

Black looks a bit shit. I Imagine it’ll look like a sunday league kit.

yeah fuck right off with the “we’re doing it but we’re not liking it!” bullshit. Swe team is no different.

Talking as if kicking a football around is something that just has to be done no way around it lol shut the fuck up and make a stand by not going, it’s a football tournament.

2 Likes

To be fair to Hummel, they’re not the ones who decide to attend or not. Also, if they withdraw they’ll just be replaced by another brand/sponsor so might as well go with it.

Also, I gotta admire anyone charging ÂŁ80 for what is effectively a white T-shirt :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I think it’s a positive message. It’s certainly better than not acknowledging what a shitshow this World Cup is on every level.

I’m considering only watching England’s games. Does it change anything? Not really. But I just want as little to do with it as possible.

1 Like

How long is the break between PL ending and the World Cup starting?

1 week

same after the WC btw, 1 week then back to the usual boxing day and new year games, just the middle one cut out.

1 Like

Hummel would likely find themselves in a shitstorm of litigation if it tried to rip up their contract because the WC is in Qatar.

Activism without real sacrifice is just superficial virtue signaling

FA’s, sponsors, coaches and players do have the ability to make a choice on Qatar

3 Likes

I have no doubt you’re right. They could have not bid to be sponsor for this period though.

Honestly feels like everyone is looking for a way of excusing themselves .
Better off saying and doing nothing. Everything else is just insincere and false.

1 Like

Tough to do though.

Bit unfair if one country pull out, their fans, sponsors etc all lose out even if some were in favour. It also throws up would just they be replaced by the playoff losers of their region anyway?

Doubt you’d get all countries to agree to do it collectively, some won’t give a shit and others won’t want to lose their share of the pie. Then equally the stadium workers died for nothing and those with booked tickets/planes also lose out.

Needed to be done at the outset of the awarding of the WC if anything and I don’t think any individual nation should have to sacrifice to clean up Fifa’s corrupt mess.

Yep. This.

Well then the workers died of exploitation and are remembered and valued as people with a boycott.
You can’t seriously mean this is a reason why the tournament should go ahead.

Well I wouldn’t put it like that but it’s a complete tragedy as it is, for me it feels even more shameful if it then ended up happening because they built stadiums over a corruptly awarded tournament, died in the process and THEN (8 years later) the action was taken to boycott it.

It should’ve been done long long ago, it was obvious from the day it was awarded and potentially those lives could’ve been saved.