2022 World Cup

Full coverage of the end out Southgate in 4k :arteta2:

1 Like

Why is everyone so horny in this forum? :rofl:

1 Like

Tell me about it. Men just have a one track mind. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

We all supporting Arsenal at the World Cup, right boys and girls?

Only missing Fast Skinny Legs #7 now. Can we work something out?

It’s ridiculous that you couldn’t beat North Macedonia, mate

11 Likes

He’s right but this discussion should only have been had by Italians had they qualified. They failed to top a group they should have topped and lost to North Macedonia.

1 Like

Italy have been so bizarre in last two decades

I mean qualifiers are easier than they’ve ever been. The very fact Italy even had a 2nd chance in the knockouts is example of that. Heaven forbid Europe had to deal with the format they threw on Africa for example…

2 Likes

When you have players that can’t even score goals when actually needed Italy never deserved to be there. It was a glorious moment beating England but I had the same feeling when we beat Manchester United on penalties in 2005 FA cup, like how the fuck did we manage that.

2002 - cheated at the WC by S. Korea
2004 - flopped
2006 - world champs
2008 - shit
2010 - knocked out in WC group stages
2012 - euro championship runners you
2014 - knocked out in group stages
2016 - quarter finals
2018 - didn’t qualify for WC
2021 - euro champs
2022 - didn’t qualify for WC

2 trophies, 1 other final and so many shit years. You are absolutely right about how bizarre they’ve been but honestly that generation between the 2006 World Cup and the 2020s was such a mixed bag. So many players who wouldn’t have gotten near previous Italy teams were fixtures.

Hiring managers like Ventura didn’t help and rehiring Lippi who trusted nobody but loads of old players have damaged them

6 Likes

Yeah huge problem has been striker since end of 2006 World Cup. They had Balotelli at the 2012 Euros who looked like the man but aside from that so much dross

2 Likes

For me as a young lad checking out football with the hype of Worldcup, I would tune in for Italy matches since they were supposed to be the top team.
Granted I didn’t understand football as well in the 2006 WC, Italy felt like it was somehow dragging its way to victory.
That feeling has never gone away.
The failure to qualify for WC is hilarious.

That 2010 World Cup squad though :joy: he took liberties.

Important clarification added to this point :grin:

1 Like

Italy at the 2006 WC were comfortably the best team. They performed to a high level in most matches and thoroughly deserved to be champions.

Pirlo and Cannavaro were the two genuine stand out players in that tournament. Unbelievable performances.

2 Likes

Lmao some of his selections genuinely took the piss. Lippi blew that WC and didn’t pick any of the young er players who could have made a difference

1 Like

On second reading I realised with Italy’s history it needed to be made

1 Like

South Korea robbed Italy and Spain in those round 16 / QF matches in 2002.

3 Likes

Come on Iran :pray: