2022 World Cup

This, plus this World Cup will be played in fewer days than previous World Cups due to the time of the year it’s being played.

I remember early afternoon, 5pm and 8pm kickoffs but we had a few earlier on in the day? Struggling to remember those

What’s the timeframe for it?

Think it’s only 28 days rather than 30 something.

Edit: Just looked it up and yeah it’s 28 days with the group matches needing to be done within 12, so they need to squeeze them all in. Also, all matches will be within 40 miles of each other to enable “fans” to go to more than one a day. What a treat.

2 Likes

Gonna be a shit experience. Fuck FIFA for their decision to send it there for all the wrong reasons.

1 Like

Yeah fuck FIFA. Unless we win, then it’s the best tournament ever.

It starts beginning of December doesn’t it? So final will be crowbarred between Christmas day and new years?

12, 2, 5, 8 was the ko’s in the first Saturday of the tournament If I remember.

Was a truly superb Saturday :heart_eyes:

No, starts in November. Final is December 18th.

We say and expect it to be shit but ain’t rugby world cup usually played around those months, with dark night games, and never ruined the enjoyment of that.

Will be unusual for us not having it in summer months but then you look at some of the weather we’ve had during this tournament and wonder what’s the difference :rofl: tonight as an example - pissing it down and cold

This is going to be a shit show.

Yeah, I mean, one part of it is the fact that people often don’t like change. But it’s also that it interrupts our domestic season. And that’s before you even dive into the morality side of things.

Having said that, a lot of those complaining will still watch it and probably get proper into it. I include myself in that.

Tbh mate I’d rather it in the middle of the night than in a soulless location hosting a tournament in the middle of the European season haha.

2 Likes

Especially as the bid was based around it being during the normal schedule. All tournaments should fit around the European league schedule at all times.

Depending how we are faring this might not be a bad thing :joy:

Speaking of domestic schedule, assume it’s starting a little earlier and then running into early June for that year?

No that’s usually start to end September so before clocks go back etc. Getting dark as the later games begin.

How is Brazil number 1 :joy::joy:

I’d have England joint favourites with France

Denmark’s game against Scotland in Glasgow in November is already sold out haha

Gutted as I wanted to get tickets and go

1 Like

Only team that be able to cope with the heat