2020 Summer Olympics

Beach Volleyball is fairly entertaining. Russia/ROC have this Peter Crouch looking fella who is planting himself in front of the net and blocking the ball before it goes over the net.

You’ve got EDM music blaring out after every point in an empty stadium which makes for a pretty weird spectacle.

1 Like

Super performance from Carapaz in the cycling road race. Had a disappointing tour after an early crash, a super performance to take the gold.

2 Likes

What time are these olympics on UK time?

Midnight to 3pm

1 Like

:goat:

6 Likes

The big events/finals will be on at a reasonable time for us though. When we’re actually awake I mean. Like the 100m final etc is always the last event of the day.

It’s not really the time I have an issue with. It’s just what happens with the Olympics. It’s more the no spectators thing and the fact that so many athletes have pulled out.

Womens football is awesome :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Anyone watched any of that 3 on 3 Basketball. America somehow never qualified for the Olympics at it.:cowboy_hat_face:

BBC interview with Lizzie Deignan: “The best person won the bike race. Annamiek was the strongest.”

Sounds like the peloton did not realise that there was another rider up to road in Kiesenhofer. The silver medalist crossed the line thinking that she picked up gold. :grimacing:

3 Likes

That race was a very unusual.
Kiesenhofer rode an incredible race and for someone to go out, from the start, and lead for almost the whole way doesn’t happen very often.

But for a complete outsider to do it, and win by such a large distance, hardly ever happens.
I would imagine the first thing the race organisers did was take her to the drug testing booth. :grinning:

1 Like

Every medal winner at the olympics gets tested.

Must try and catch some highlights later, a solo breakaway win just wouldn’t happen in any of the team bike racing nowadays but I remember at the last Olympics they mentioned that the riders don’t have radios so it’s very different and they are reliant on much less information at the olympics than they are used to.

That Tunisian swimmer whose taken 6 seconds of his personal best this year and 3 seconds from the semi to the final…… Hmmm
Nothing suspicious there

3 Likes

Stunned the USA lost their opening basketball game to France, still think they’ll win Gold but won’t do it unbeaten like you’d expect.

1 Like

Does anyone know when the karate is on?

The internet probably knows.

2 Likes

Ok dickhead

1 Like

By all means travel that road, you know exactly where it leads. :slight_smile:

Maybe stop acting like one.

Oh sorry, you were born that way.

I would try and help ya there pal but I haven’t been watching one second of the Olympics.

2 Likes

It’s bound to be on soon hopefully. Someone was saying it at the gym. I was loving the idea of it being on in the Olympics!

1 Like