2019/20 Premier League Fixtures

That’s definitely part of it but how many summers did we end up doing the bulk of our transfer business after the first couple of poor results? We rarely entered a season with the squad complete.

Last summer was the first time in ages we’d actually conducted our business in time, and I think that tells us something about what was going on before.

It’ll be interesting to see if we actually do whatever business we want in a timely fashion this summer. I guess we have to with the window closing early now, so we’ll only prepare accordingly when we’re forced to.

The last time we won the opening 2 games of the season was 2004. 15 years ago :pensive:

2 Likes

Literally before I supported Arsenal :laughing:

Sorry must be my fault.

Haha! I don’t think it’s a coincidence that if we start by winning our first 2 or 3 games, we finish higher in the league.

Start as you mean to go on, as the old adage goes

I actually can’t believe that stat but I’m not doubting it. How did you find that out?

As sad as it sounds, pure memory :see_no_evil:

Yeah I can basically remember all of our opening fixtures since 06, and I know the story hasn’t been great but I didn’t realize it was that bad.

1 Like
4 Likes

I want an August NLD.

Come on :pray:

Don’t make the first one in fucking December again please. Latest I’ll agree to is October.

1 Like

I just want the final match of the season to be at home. It’s been awhile.

1 Like

So many different leaks on Twitter lol

1 Like

I’ll be fucking seething if we have to play 19 away league matches again.

6 Likes

You got your wish :smiley:

All Arsenal fixtures.

1 Like

Nightmare first 7 games :joy:

Nightmare 38 games

15 Likes

I reckon we’ll have no more than 10 or 11 points from the first 7 games and Unai will be right under the pump :syringe:

1 Like

Wenger in :grin:

1 Like

Sweet Xmas period though. Bournemouth (a) on boxing day, Chelsea (h) and then United (h) on New Years Day. Not too much travel even if the quality of teams are high.

1 Like

I can see Emery being under serious pressure by mid September.

3 Likes

Massive pressure from the start. Its to be hoped the boardroom have a plan and Emery needs to voice his needs now.
Not optimistic at all but we can but dream on all fronts. Start getting drastic now Arsenal or like in January you will reap what you sow.