Zlatan Ibrahimović

His post seemed to just be calling out other people rather than claiming to have made astounding predictions in a self-aggrandising manner…

1 Like

United fans claiming he slowed down their attack???
I know a lot of United fans and they are happy of his contribution…
Ibra is NOT on their complaint list.

If he does slow down their attack, then have them to ask why Mourinho:
1/ play him that much, have him press the defense that much
2/ have him drop back too often to start their attack
3/ not able to make him stay upfront and wait for the ball

Talk about slowing down, Rooney, who is 4 years younger, slows down their attack much more

I don’t even need to compare Ibra to the players you mentioned (bar Messi and Ronaldo).
Wait till they are 35 and then talk.
Ibra does not need your validation to prove anything.

I don’t know what happened on OA these days Jakey … people get offended so easily.
This (Ibra world class or not) is just an open topic and debatable, somehow someone chose to be rude…

You didn’t read much of redcafe when they were struggling then, cuz everyone was calling for him to be dropped.

When a team is struggling, someone got to be picked on anyway, same to us.
Ozil is shit when we are struggling
Sanchez is shit (held the ball for too long, didn’t shoot, dropped too deep) when we are struggling.

If the discussion needs to be continued, we probably need to wait till Mourinho giving him a break, play a few games without him and see how “good” and “fast” they can be played.

1 Like

Yeah but if you watch united he really isn’t very useful in their build up play. When they were struggling offensively he had a lot to do with that.

2 Likes

But can he do it against Stoke City away on a cold wet winters night?

We’ll see on the 21st January I guess :eyes:

1 Like

I feel this needs to be changed from stoke to West Brom…at least Stoke kinda try to play football somewhat now, but our match Vs West Brom, fucking hell every bloody player behind the ball the GK taking probably 10 minutes out of the game wasting time etc, what a bunch of wankers!

I won’t disagree…
then go back to my previous post, this is the tactic part that gets Mourinho involved.
If we don’t like Sanchez dropping too deep (affecting Ozil), it is Wenger’s job to fix the tactics or ask the player to stay upfront.
If Ibra dropped too deep and affecting their play, it is Mourinho’s job to fix it.
Ibra did not follow or Mourinho did not fix it (don’t think it is necessary)??? Nobody knows besides them.

Or it is like some said (from other internet source) the United players can’t keep up Ibra’s abilities, can’t see what he sees and holding him back instead? If United really has a real attacking midfielder, will Ibra’s game play speed up and contribute “more”?

We will see.

It’s basically whoever Pulis is managing!

And yes he can do it on a cold evening in West Brom. Twice.

1 Like

I wish our players that struggle with build up play would score 30 goals a season lol.

Giroud almost has and he’s pretty shit. So IBRA slightly less shit just might do it.

League and Cl goals bru.

Everything else is just dog shit numbers.

IBRA won’t score 30 league goals, and since he’s not in the CL won’t come close to that overall number.

He will score around 25 league goals I’d say.

Is anyone really still entertaining A4TT’s drivel? It’s ok to not like Zlatan mate but at least be objective about it.

5 Likes

The issue with you is that there is literally nothing impartial about the way you’re looking at things. He’s got 17 goals from his opening 26. He has at least that number of games remaining this season (20 league, 2 in Europe, 2 league cup and an FA cup tie) and that’s guaranteed fixtures remaining. So he only has to score 13 goals in those games to hit 30 goals for the season.

At the end of the day you’re talking about a 35 year old who’s arrived in perhaps Europe’s most physically demanding league and is still showing himself to be of top quality.

6 Likes

State of this thread :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

At least be aware of what’s being discussed before chiming in.

I quoted what you said mate. Unless you meant something else - in which case you type something else.

How many ways are there in life to interpret “he won’t score 30 goals” ?