Will we sign a striker?

In the league?

I think he will.
Be honest, to have a midfield that have, he should be.

After about 8-9 games last season, own goals was the second top scorer for us.
What happened to him?
Did we sell him when his form dropped a bit?

4 Likes

Not someone that will help us straight away

Goals or not, wouldnā€™t pay 80m for an out of shape athlete.

The reason Ronaldo, Bale and Pogba were so dear is not only because they are talented, but are athletes of the highest nature.

1 Like

I think he has to otherwise there will definitely be a fan meltdown. Last year was our best opportunity, should of got rid of that wanker Theo, who was trying to hold the club ransom and added the fee from his transfer towards someone like Aubameyang who would of been max Ā£40million at the time.

Even now to me Aubameyang is worth the Ā£50/60 Million price tag, heā€™s 26 so thatā€™s at least four years of having a top top striker at our disposal.

I agree.
Sell Walcott and get Aubameyang.
We should get at least 25m for Walcott so would only have to pay another 40m to get Aubameyang, which for a world class striker that would fit perfectly with our midfield, especially if we got Mahrez as well.

We can easily afford it and iIt might even convince Ozil and Sanchez we mean business.

2 Likes

If Aubameyang was gettable for Ā£65m I feel like a more attractive proposition might also be interested

Why would anyone pay 25 million for Walcott if heā€™s as bad as people on these boards think he is?

Because heā€™s English and 25 million now is 10 million 3 years ago.

3 Likes

Things start going out the window when fans make up a sum out of thin air and say we can get this amount for silly arse and then pay that amount for the other chap with cool hair.

3 Likes

With how quiet the Auba situation is I have thought of two possible situations:

1. heā€™ll be joining real or Barca at the end of this window
  2. heā€™ll be announced as joining Bayern next summer at the end of this window and that will signal that Lewa is going to Real, Barca, or City next summer

Heā€™s 27 he isnt staying at Dortmund much longer.

1 Like

Are you talking about Higuain?

How the heck did he got so fat?
Only a month ago he played in Copa America.

Still havenā€™t signed a striker despite Welbeck being injured long term, would be truly amazing if we went into a season again with the likes of Giroud, Akpom & Sanogo as our CF optionsā€¦ sort of options youā€™d expect from a club like West Brom.

1 Like

Just put your head in the sand with the rest of them AGā€¦Wenger knocked this one out of the park in terms of the slow play on buying a striker. Used Mahrez as a nice smoke screen, then got a gift in the CB injury department to shift everyoneā€™s attention further off of THE MOST OBVIOUS PRIORITY THAT EVERY SINGLE FUCKING PERSON on this site had going in to this window. It pizzes me off so much.

Edit: Forgot to mention that the Wenger Fundyā€™s have also come out with the whole ā€œSanchez can be a strikerā€ propaganda as well signalling to me once again, for however many years in a row, we will all be ruing not signing a good striker.

2 Likes

Get money back on his medical bills

Iā€™m in one of those moods where I just donā€™t fucking understand what we are doing or what is happening.

How can it be the first game of the season in 40 hours and weā€™ve only signed one player of note?

As I type this I remember that we donā€™t have a hope of winning the league because, whatever happens in this transfer window, it wonā€™t be enough.

Perennially a player or two short with this manager.

7 Likes

[quote=ā€œSol, post:177, topic:276, full:trueā€]
Iā€™m in one of those moods where I just donā€™t fucking understand what we are doing or what is happening.

How can it be the first game of the season in 40 hours and weā€™ve only signed one player of note?

As I type this I remember that we donā€™t have a hope of winning the league because, whatever happens in this transfer window, it wonā€™t be enough.

Perennially a player or two short with this manager.
[/quote]I look forward to when a few years down the line, Arsene will come out with the usual, ā€œI tried to sign him but we fell just a little bit shortā€, regards to potential signings that got away. Itā€™s a long old list.

4 Likes

You act as though Arsene Wenger is trying to sabotage the club (apparently just to piss you off). Mahrez a smoke screen to hide the fact that Wenger doesnā€™t actually want to buy a striker? You remind me of Donald Trump claiming that Obama is a secret Muslim, born in Kenya who was the founder of ISIS. When has Wenger ever even mentioned Mahrez? Or do you think he spends all his time writing those click-bait articles that get you stirred up under pseudonyms just to distract you and to avoid working on transfers? Honestly, sometimes your posts remind me of Alex Jonesā€™ Infowars.

4 Likes

Not that he doesnā€™t want to. Itā€™s that he canā€™t.

1 Like