Will we sign a striker?

check him in the morning

Yes we will - when Giroud dies of natural causes at the age of 84.

2 Likes

I think with Sanchez and Mahrez on the wings we could win the league with Giroud/Theo. I still would like Draxler converted to a CF.

-------------Defense------------
----Xhaka--------------Santi–
-----------------Özil---------------
Mahrez—Draxler–Alexis

We might have won it last season with Giroud if we had set up in a way to use him better in some games, especially in those park the bus matches where with 2 up front u can disrupt the CBs with more direct play.

2 Likes

I think you might be right.
Mahrez and Sanchez can get into double figures easily and Giroud can get twenty or more, that’s more than forty goals just from those three players.
It also means other players will get chances as well simply because our attacking players will be so hard to defend against.

If we get Mahrez, and not someone like Lacazette or Draxler, we would have more of a chance of scoring more goals.
Although both would be preferable.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/mikesanz19/status/761206233898618880

:wilshere:

17 Likes

ok
but why he was ready to sign Vardy??

not young
not a talent
no future
not high value

1 Like

Because he doesn’t know what the fuck he is doing. Pretty simples.

2 Likes

The secret ingredient, value. Vardy was the best value forward on the market, easily.

2 Likes

You missed the full quote, he continued to say:

“If he ticks all four boxes then the price is not that important. You have to find the player.”

Why in the fuck would we worry about resale value? Especially at striker
fucking invest. How about instead of resale value the 4th criteria is potential commercial value, increased fan interest, and potential increases in all money pipelines from winning shit?

6 Likes

The other weird thing about that quote is the whole “How much he improves the team” part.

Wenger: We cannot possibly pay more than 30M for Lacazette. After all, he is only a marginal improvement on Giroud!

Aulas: Errr
you want me to give you a cheaper price because your other option is still pretty good? Why should I give a shit?

2 Likes

I think he’s referring to the idea that the buying club will end up paying more for a player if they have a real massive need there, and potential buyers who don’t have as big a need will not end up paying similar amounts. So in Wenger’s mind, if Lacazette is only a marginal improvement on Giroud, it would limit the amount he’d be willing to pay for him, thus lowering the player’s price unless another club with a bigger need came in.

1 Like

Agreed but in terms of how much Griezmann would improve our team 80 million is a fucking bargain. I think Wenger just has to realize he’s going to get dicked in the market for a striker, he sold RVP for peanuts right before the striker market dried up and at some point we’re going to have to pay out big for a talent. It’s too important of position to neglect any further and a player like Griezmann/Lew/PEA would probably turn out to be worth the big bucks like Ozil and Alexis.

There’s literally no harm in paying a lot for the most important position in the team and I think Wenger knows that hence why he is dragging his heels with mediocre options like Icardi/Lac etc.

Has to sh*t or get off the pot though. We are threadbare there atm. If we go into the season watching Theo play up top, I will scratch my eyeballs out.

1 Like

Well he didn’t pay up for Higuaín

Griezmann, like Benzema last summer, is a fantasy.

2 Likes

Yep - AW isn’t capable of that kind of “grotesque” purchase. We will hopefully get someone like Lacazette and he hits the ground running miraculously, supplanting Giroud, who is a fine back-up. Reality is, we probably won’t get anyone other than a CB and AW will try to get away with Theo/Akpom up top until Giroud is fit.

Read the transcript of Wenger’s press conference and just watched his post match interview. I’m more confident we won’t get a striker now.

Aulas is no mug, he’s not going to let Lacazette go now competitive games are here, and their first is hours away against PSG in the TrophĂ©e des Champions.

Yep - old sit on his hands Wenger strikes again
 best to leave the pounds in the bank “just in case”
 FFS shambles and I seriously can’t stand watching fing Theo any more. I will be excited for the season b/c I am a dumbfck, but man this is so incredibly disappointing.

2 Likes

The way we’re going, we’re gonna end up with someone like Christian Benteke. nothing like poaching a prized reject striker from another northern club!

I’ve just found Wenger’s formula for buying players

1 Like