Will we sign a striker?

We already have signed a striker, Xhaka? I mean why not try him there…wenger has a penchant for playing players out of position and he does wear the number 10 shirt for his country, could work :campbell:

1 Like

The dominoes are falling! Lol. How predictable is this?

Time for morris’s new Arsenal motto game:

We don’t get who we want, we get who the big clubs don’t want.

17 days until the start of the season… still no striker.

We are not getting anyone at all, that’s the problem (if you count Asano in)

Why spend big bucks on WC players when the clubs owner also owns a company that can predict which 2 year old will be the next best thing and snap them up for peanuts!?

Mandzukic, then? The pitchside tv guys, Max Bretos, Kasey Keller mentioned him last night at the MLS game. Could do worse.

1 Like

Mandzu? Can’t think of a worse signing tbh

Really? Well you won’t have to think of one at the rate we’re going, you’ll be seeing it live on the pitch in an Arsenal uniform soon enough.

1 Like

Not that bad, but he isn’t better than Giroud.

Don’t necessarily need “better”, which is highly subjective anyway…we just need something different obviously.

1 Like

Is “he isn’t much different to Giroud” better?

ATM we need competent bodies AT A MINIMUM. If Giroud gets injured we are going to be watching twinkle-toes Walcott and I will claw my own eyeballs out… or maybe Campbell? FFS we literally have one fit striker. Asano, Akpom? Wenger would really be taking the piss.

Anyway, we won’t sign the striker we REALLY need, but we will sign someone to help tide us over simply to make up numbers. AW might just stick us with Akpom as back-up and roll the dice but it would even be foolhardy by his standards imho.

There’s still Sanogo so it’s not quite as grim as you make it out to be.

Having said that my optimism that there will be any additional meaningful business this summer that is more than squad options is really slim. Can’t remember me being so disinterested in the transfer market as this year.

1 Like

L’Equipe is reporting that Ben Yedder has decided to go to Sevilla.

You just have to laugh at this point. Off the top of my head, the following strikers have moved this summer or seem to be almost certain to move elsewhere (Gameiro/Milik/Ben Yedder/Jesus) or reupped with their club (Vardy/Morata).

Ibra
Batshuayi
Higuain
Vardy
Vietto
Gameiro
Milik
Gabriel Jesus
Ben Yedder
Morata
Vardy

I wouldn’t necessarily want all these players but its a travesty that there has been so much movement and we’re sitting here debating whether Walcott, Chuba, Asano, or Sanogoals should start against Liverpool.

6 Likes

This striker situation at our club is just fucking comical.

1 Like

£33m is great value for Michy. A really good two footed poacher with the physique & technical ability to potentially become more. If we were willing to spend £20m+ on Vardy, having no interest in him (and Wenger seemingly turning his nose up when asked about him) is ridiculous.

His reported wage is very competitive too, less than Welbeck or what we apparently offered Vardy.

3 Likes

I think he sign someone, but it be someone to back up Giroud not take his place as main striker. A Welbeck like signing, someone who cost under 20 million has pace to offer something different. I be very shocked if it’s anyone of top quality, I expect it to be a last day of the Transfer window signing too. I think he also sign a back up defender on the cheap too. I definitely think Akpom will be third choice until Welbeck comes back from injury.

1 Like

I didnt know Bould was quick but Wenger is still in charge.

Time to stop dicking about and go big for Griezmann.

In my opinion we will sign a striker but I don’t know who and I don’t know when.

1 Like