Will we sign a striker?

They will have to pull a bigger name out of the hat than Özil is to make this summer a success.

3 Likes

We sold RVP for 24 million though, good business that.

That’s going to be my new Arsenal schtick, “good business that”…Rob Holding? “good business that”…Sanogo was free his wages are minimal…"good business that. Park Chu Young? Underrated player what movement, “good business that”

2 Likes

Ibrahimovic went for 17m that year, so we got a rly good deal. We’re still feeling the benefits even now in 2016.

1 Like

Cant tell if sarcasm or…

1 Like

If we can’t afford 28 million quid on a defender because we are saving it for a striker Im looking forward to Neymar playing for us when he returns from the Olympics.

2 Likes

Populist and nosense post.

Our strikers when we signed Eduardo were Robin van Persie, Emmanuel Adebayor and Bendtner.
Our main striker when we signed Chamakh was Robin van Persie.
Our strikers when we signed Park Chu Young were Robin van Persie and Chamakh.
Our main striker when we signed Yaya Sanogo was Olivier Giroud.

The 2012/13 has been the only transfer session when we bought a striker to put him into the XI. And sincerly your consideration about Danny Welbeck like a bad signing is totally out of world if you don’t think to be better than Wenger, Ferguson and many former MUFC players.

Stop to be populist.

The list is what it is. Pathetic.

Oh yeah, it’s pathetic to sign reserves behind great strikers. You’re totally out.

‘Great’? :slight_smile:

I wish I knew as much as you do maxi. This reserve signing policy has clearly paid off by the looks of things.

1 Like

2007/08 - Adebayor, 24 league goals (all 30)
2010/11 - Van Persie, 18 league goals (all 22 + Nasri 15 goals, Walcott 13 goals)
2011/12 - Van Persie, 30 league goals (all 37)

Adebayor and van Persie have been great strikers for us.

2008 - we won fuck all.
2011 - we won fuck all.
2012 - we won fuck all.

I like lists.

4 Likes

Both were good for a single season. If that constitutes greatness, then I suggest you raise your bar a little :slight_smile:

change the point of the discussion it’s a right move when you haven’t any opinion to respond. :santi:

What about in the 9 transfer windows since RVP has left ?

My opinion is quite clear, we are fucking pathetic when it comes to signing strikers.

You think we dont know how many goals those cunts scored? Hey maybe if we’d signed another “great” striker to complement them we might have fucking won something.

2 Likes

Sanogo is a disrupter he changes games when he comes on.

You’ve got a lot to learn sham maxi and I can teach you much if you pay attention to us. Maxi can teach you the ways of football and I’ll just show you how to be a good human being.

1 Like

@shamrockgooner

I say what was pathetic your post about our old transfer window taling about strikers because you mentioned the names of reserves not mentioning how big were the starters (Adebayor and van Persie). You tried to say “Wenger is shit because he refused to have worldclass strikers” not mentioning the other presences.

…and look, especially for our financial situation, was stupid and impossible to sign another world class striker.

I can be agree with you about Giroud because he was and is a very good player but not a worldclass like the dutchman and since his departure any strikers has scored like him, but not for the past.

I agree with you about the desire to have another proper number 9 like Bayern Munich with Lewandowski, Juventus with Higuain, United with Ibrahimovic and Manchester City with Aguero, but I’m not the manager and I refuse to think to have more quality than him to judge the situation.

1 Like

I wouldn’t count Eduardo in that list of tosh. he was VERY good and was looking like the buy of the season until he was destroyed by fucking Taylor…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyNbE1gn6nI

I’d give anything to have an Eduardo now.

Edit, Forgot to say, i get your point, and i do agree with it (impossible not to), but i wouldn’t extend it to include Eduardo.

:slight_smile:

6 Likes