Who would you like to replace Arsène Wenger?

my dead nan can do a better job.

4 Likes

I just hope the board are more proactive than Wenger is, and don’t dither and haggle endlessly when it comes to getting a new manager.

They should have identified whoever they want, as well as other options as well.

He will need as long as they can give him to get the signings he needs as well as start to organise and motivate the squad that have been in a comfort zone for so long, they might as well be playing in their pyjamas and slippers.

1 Like

Allegri. I see he’s trolling the Spuds about their defending in the press. Sign him up.

1 Like

Plus the ability to do a coat zip up .

1 Like

Just seen this over at r/gunners

Carlo Ancelotti is often touted as a potential replacement for Arsène, so I thought I’d post a story from his 09/10 season at Chelsea which perfectly encapsulates his management style. This story is from The Mixer by Michael Cox (would definitely recommend this book to any premiership fan).

“That May, Chelsea defeated Portsmouth 1-0 in the FA Cup final, completing the double. Their tactical plan for the final was decided in the week leading up the final, bizarrely, entirely by the players. The squad was assembled and lead in a brainstorming session by assistant manager Paul Clement with the best ideas written up on a whiteboard. The players then decided on what they thought would be the best tactical plan for the final”.

Right, fuck Carlo then

The stuff that came out of Bayern after his sacking was pretty damning also, I’ve been against brining him in before that stuff because he strikes me as a manager that’s one declining and two needs a ready made team to compete.

1 Like

I’d go all out for Jardim

1 Like

Phil Neville started better than Gary.

Is that him doing fuck all though (I assume that’s what people are alluding to), or him getting the players invested? It doesn’t sound to me like the kind of thing that a coach would do every week and I doubt they won the title with Drogba and Terry drawing on a whiteboard.

We saw Conte’s Chelsea go off the boil for their cup final after they won the league, maybe it was to keep their interest up?

And obviously playing a season under that coach and winning a title, the players probably had most of the right answers for what Ancelotti would have done anyway.

I may be wrong, but apart from at Bayern I don’t think he ever “lost” the dressing room in any of his previous roles? I seem to remember him being popular at Chelsea at least.

2 Likes

Tbf Drogba also coached Chelsea into a CL trophy.

1 Like

Any disciple of Wenger shouldn’t be given an opportunity to take the helm . This club need to regain that fear that it once had not this ‘be nice to us ‘ approach it has now .

2 Likes

Let’s make him our manager.

He’s also be able to spot our weaknesses, having exploited them enough times.

1 Like

Unai Emery should in the mix if he becomes available.

Should be better at Arsenal’s level

2 Likes

So Tuchel to Bayern? He will never come here with Sven.

Need someone who is gonna intimidate the rest of the league. Simeone is the only man for the job in my mind.

2 Likes

I’ve wanted Simeone for years, even made a thread about him on the forum probably 18 months ago. Sadly I don’t think it will ever happen :cry:

He would be a good choice to turn this mess around but i just can’t see it happening.
i still think it will be Ancelotti, not because he is my first choice but of all the managers we could realistically get and who are available, he is the most likely.

As a club, we are potentially very attractive to the best managers in Europe but our owner, who is not interested in football and only interested in profit, isn’t tempting at all.

We are perceived, quite rightly, as a tight fisted club with little ambition.
Try selling that to any top manager.

1 Like

None of this is even remotely true

1 Like