Who would you like to replace Arsène Wenger?

I’d question Ancelotti’s motivation at this point too. I don’t think his has the drive or Hunger to really enthuse this squad.

Jardim and Tuchel are both relatively young, ambitious with a lot to prove. They’re likely to devote their entire being to the role where as with Ancelotti I just get the feeling that he wouldn’t be all that vested. What has he got to prove to anyone after all?

I’m a big believer in using that determination for the benefit of the club

They finished 2nd, 9 points behind united.

Hardly a disaster, although with the team he had he deffo should have won it.

Does this mean we should only hire coaches from smaller clubs that are under 50?

He left Bayern under a cloud and not just because of shit results, there was also all that shit about the players saying he was a shit coach. He should have plenty to still prove.

I’m not really for or against him btw.

Not necessarily, the pool of actual realistic candidates is so small you can measure specifics. My point was specific to Ancelotti.

I prefer to look at managers from an individual basis. Give me a manager who over 50, from a big club or has managed big clubs in the past and I’ll give you my opinion on him.

i don’t think he has alot to prove because I don’t think one bad spell at Bayern is being treated as definitive by anybody. He’s a triple CL winner, his reputation is intact.

Is that different from his POV? Hard for me to tell so i’ll speculate. The Daily Star rumoured that he wants a return to the PL but I think the Italy or AC Milan job are more interesting to him than Arsenal.

1 Like

Dean still sticking to the Loew line.

I trust him tbh

Check his replies in this twitter thread

also here:

https://twitter.com/RealKevinPalmer/status/970072830380560384

The man referred to is Loew.

Ancelotti makes an instant impact. Won Chelsea the PL in his 1st season and Real Madrid the CL in his 1st season. Why are we turning him down :thinking:

4 Likes

Ancelotti works with teams that are ready made to challenge for the title right off the bat, we are so far away from that it’s crazy.

At this rate we will be closer to finishing 10th than winning the title, he really wouldn’t have the stomach for the clusterfuck he’d be walking into.

Besides he’s another manager along with Jose that’s on the wane.

Loew is very risky FFS!

Our squad is top 3/4 material easy. Wenger is making half of this squad restricted

Our squad is 4th material at best. Apart from Monreal having the odd good game there’s nothing special in our first choice back 4, our keeper is at most the 5th best in the top 6 and we have arguably the worst central midfield in the top 6 too.

Sure Aubameyang, Ozil, Mkhitaryan may be great, but then so are Mane, Firmino, Salah and Eriksen, Kane, Alli and Sterling, Sane, Aguero and Sanchez, Lukaku, Pogba (probably).

4 Likes

I think Xhaka, Kolasinac, Mustafi would go up a level with a new progressive manager. Bellerin, Chambers aswell, and we have some wildcard youth like Nelson, Nketiah so the future isn’t that dark

3 Likes

This club needs a rebuild from top to bottom and so many changes need to be implemented , Ancelotti is not the man to do that IMO and there are much more suited managers to the task out there. Sure he’s a name but he’s on the decline and as I said he is more suited to teams that are ready to challenge for the title.

2 Likes

I agree.
It would be interesting to see how players like Xhaka and Mustafi would perform with a new manager.
They were very good at their previous teams, so it must be more down to our coaching rather than their ability, for their loss of form.

Others like Lacazette, Bellerin and Iwobi might also benefit from a new manager.

1 Like

Another requirement from our next manager is a decent fashion sense. Don’t want someone wearing shitty tracksuits all the time :grinning:

1 Like

Agreed. Ancelotti would be my pick. To steady the sinking ship at least for 2 years. Then maybe we can look at either Viera or Joacin Loeb.

A caretaker until the end of the season FFS!

:gunnersaurus:

:neutral_face:

Any manager will do right now because they get a better response out off the players then wengers is right now

1 Like

Gunnersaurus can do a better job

2 Likes